free information!
Copyright
© 1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A petition pending in USCIS

Hello, When a petition is pending in USCIS... what is that suppose to mean!!
    LJL

Hello, When a petition is pending in USCIS... what is that suppose to mean!!
    LJL

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by WWJD:
    Hello, When a petition is pending in USCIS... what is that suppose to mean!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

In the normal world "pending" means exactly that. Pending, i.e., a decision is still outstanding. At USCIS it really means nothing. However, if you are a member of the normal world and, as long as you know something is pending and, you have not heard from USCIS in a long time, you have to poke them and remind them that something is pending.

Did I explain that good?
    “...I may condemn what you say, but I will give my life for that you may say it”! - Voltaire

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Kollerkrot:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by WWJD:
    Hello, When a petition is pending in USCIS... what is that suppose to mean!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

In the normal world "pending" means exactly that. Pending, i.e., a decision is still outstanding. At USCIS it really means nothing. However, if you are a member of the normal world and, as long as you know something is pending and, you have not heard from USCIS in a long time, you have to poke them and remind them that something is pending.

Did I explain that good? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

On Spot!
    USC and Legal, Honest Immigrant Alike Must Fight Against Those That Deceive and Disrupt A Place Of Desirability! All Are Victims of Fraud, Both USC and Honest Immigrant Alike! The bad can and does make it more difficult for the good! Be careful who y

Very good explanation Koller. An example, my Naturalization application from June 2006 is still "pending" according to the USCIS website yet I became a Citizen in October last year!
    "What you see in the photograph isn't what you saw at the time. The real skill of photography is organized visual lying."

Means you have submitted a petition to USCIS.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by federale86:
    Means you have submitted a petition to USCIS. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

....come to think of it. You are no longer illegal after that! Or, quoting federale: "your back is no longer wet"!
    “...I may condemn what you say, but I will give my life for that you may say it”! - Voltaire

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Hello, When a petition is pending in USCIS... what is that suppose to mean!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It means "WAIT" maybe forever?

Not illegal if doing AOS and have legal status when filed. If you were illegal at the time of filing, you are still illegal and can be placed in proceedings, be subject of expidited removal, and arrested. All assuming the petition is not fraudulent, then you are not legal at any time. Frivilout petitions included.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by federale86:
    Not illegal if doing AOS and have legal status when filed. If you were illegal at the time of filing, you are still illegal and can be placed in proceedings, be subject of expidited removal, and arrested. All assuming the petition is not fraudulent, then you are not legal at any time. Frivilout petitions included. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I believe I red somewhere that when filing AOS, with EAD being issued - does not constitute being illegal but constitutes status for as long as the EAD is valid. I don't know where I read this anymore - maybe even here.