free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: VAWA filed, need help

I filed a VAWA petition based on my marriage to an abusive USC citizen husband. Entered the country legally. After paid a consultation with an immigration lawyer and talked to 2 other lawyers, I just filed the papers by myself after I've made a lot of research. The attorneys asked a retainer of 5000 and told me the fees can exceed that. No physical abuse, but verbal, psychological, emotional and financial were presernt. Have police report and affidavits from people I know. My husband has an extensive criminal records, which he told me about after we were married. As for me, no criminal records nor overstay since I entered the country almost 7 years ago. I got my prima facie determination very quick (just 10 days after filing). Since this petition is based on mental cruelty, most what I've heard, I need a pschological evaluation. I've contacted many pschologists in my neighborhood and no one knows about VAWA. Can someone suggest how to get in touch with a psychologist familiar with VAWA? I am in NYC.
    Thank you

I filed a VAWA petition based on my marriage to an abusive USC citizen husband. Entered the country legally. After paid a consultation with an immigration lawyer and talked to 2 other lawyers, I just filed the papers by myself after I've made a lot of research. The attorneys asked a retainer of 5000 and told me the fees can exceed that. No physical abuse, but verbal, psychological, emotional and financial were presernt. Have police report and affidavits from people I know. My husband has an extensive criminal records, which he told me about after we were married. As for me, no criminal records nor overstay since I entered the country almost 7 years ago. I got my prima facie determination very quick (just 10 days after filing). Since this petition is based on mental cruelty, most what I've heard, I need a pschological evaluation. I've contacted many pschologists in my neighborhood and no one knows about VAWA. Can someone suggest how to get in touch with a psychologist familiar with VAWA? I am in NYC.
    Thank you

Do you have a case manager or advocate assigned through the Family Justice Center in New York? If so, they should be able to help you find a psychologist in your area who is knowledgeable regarding VAWA. Good luck.

Are u from one of those countries like russia, phillipines etc?

No I don't. Lke I said I did everything by myself. What's the Family Justice Center in New York?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ProudUSC:
    Do you have a case manager or advocate assigned through the Family Justice Center in New York? If so, they should be able to help you find a psychologist in your area who is knowledgeable regarding VAWA. Good luck. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No I am not. I am from a wealthy Western European country. So forget about your stereotype VAWA scammer.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by bluebrightsky:
    Are u from one of those countries like russia, phillipines etc? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If you're stupid for not understanding what I wrote, it's your problem. I said I entered this country 7 years ago. Police report for threatening to kill me. And this is a crime for your information. Financial abuse by stealing MY money from our joint account and my savings account that was linked to. Also I have to pay for rent and everything else because he has a gambling addiction. Even he opened a credit card with my name and social without my permission and used it. His credit is already ruined. I had to close the joint account, the savings and credit card after he ruined me. THAT'S THE FINANCIAL ABUSE. I've read many posts of yourself and the likes women's haters, so spare me your remarks. I am not your typical woman who would marry someone for green card and scam the system. Many peope would only dream to live in my country. And I answer in advance your question, why I won't go back? Simply I have a USC born child and his USC father would never let me leave the US with him and I will never leave without my son.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by davdah:
    It took her 7 yrs to figure out it was abuse? After being told he has a criminal back ground she stayed? Has police reports but no physical abuse. Odd, I thought those were only done when things get violent. What is financial abuse? That is a new one. Is that when the husband cuts up the credit card card? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You may be at best from one of those eastern europian ountry.

I can very easily tell who is genuine and who is not.

Ans because of people like you who scam the system the real people or victim don't get the attention.

I should consider you one of those virus people in the computer file system because of whom lot of good files get affected.

hello Ocean

Just curious. you have been here 7 years and do not have an overstay?

When did you marry this man and why were papers never filed 4u? did he refuse to file papers for greencard?