Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: May Visa Bulletin

Vivek,

How are you? As I'm still waiting for my priority to get current, really getting anxious now. How come they'll still so slow this year (if you remember last year's pace?) And I wonder how much longer your sister has to wait? (August 1996 is that year?) Considering the pace they're going, your sister might have to have 'till end of 2006 or beginning of 2007. What do you think?

Hi BEBE, how are you? Your priority date should get current next month for sure since it is moving one month in priority within the month so you will get call soon. As far as my sister is concerned she is around another 8 to 9 months apart from getting her PD to get current so that is the minimum waiting time for her and it can go up also. So it can happen in next year or may be following year who knows. I don't know why they are going so slow in F2B since couple of years by now, I guess F4 is moving faster than F2B. Thanks for the concern.

Vivek,

In May's bulletin, cut-off date for F2B is Nov. 08, and my PD is Nov. 13. But I'm worried that it will stay put in the next couple of months just like last year. What's your prediction. Or do you think they'd try to move along quickly due to last year's halt?

Hi Vivek and Bebe I have been following your post for a while now.Bebe you are almost there so hang in next month will be your month for sure and Vivek why did'nt your parents got citizen and upgrade your sister papers then she would have become current could even married if she so desired and still be current.She would have to do so after your parents submitted their citizen papers and upgrade her petition.

Vivek,

I have a question for you. Regarding background checks, do you know if they do that before they send you the interview letter or after. Would there be a delay in issuing the GC due to background checks? Just wondering.

Hi BEBE, you should be getting interview call in next month for sure because your PD is Nov 13th 1995. My prediction is that they will move along well this year since last year PD didn't move like it supposed to. So basically I am hoping for the best.

Vivek,

What about background checks? Do they usually do this before the interview or after?

Hi Sunita, I wish that was the case but my father didn't hang out in US for long. Even though his green card is almost 10 yrs old by now but he used to come and stay for while and leave, he left US twice for more then two years. Since 2001, he is living continuously here so 4 years and 1 day will be mostly around July of this year then he can apply for citizenship and again in NYC it is almost more then a year of waiting for Citizenship. Also citizenship fee $490 is not refundable otherwise if it was like before then I would have applied early knowing that they are going to reject it anyway but cover letter will indicate when is the earliest date according to their calculation where I can apply for citizenship for my father. So if he was citizen by now then F2B will be converted to another category in which PD is around 2001. So right now we have to wait for interview call through F2B category.

Currently Mumbai consulate is processing F2B cases around BMB199681****.
    As for example:

BMB1996811079 F2B 5/18/2005 7:30
    BMB1996811080 F2B 5/18/2005 7:30

And my sister's case is BMB199682**** so I am just hoping for the miracle that's all. Thanks a lot for the suggestion. Have a nice day.

BEBE, as far as I know background check is done at the time of fingerprinting( Visa Interview) and if they see that person is been to US before and see something unusual they give out 221(g). Under 221 they take month or two depend on how complicated case is for the clearance. And once it is cleared they will give you a visa. Good thing I have seen lately that your green card issue date is when you are given visa that date is count. Before when you come to port of entry they used to take fingerprints and when green card is issue that date was counted than when visa was issued. So this way you can save a gap between visa issue date and actual green issue date and that will be really helpful when you are applying for citizenship. This I am sharing upon my own experience and opinions are tending to differ.

"The US Consulate in Mumbai has begun collecting two electronic fingerprints from most visa applicants. Visas issued after fingerprinting are referred to as "BioVisas". At the time of the visa interview, applicants will be asked to electronically scan the index (second) finger of each hand. Applicants who are required to be fingerprinted who have a cut or blister or other temporary skin injury on their index fingers may not be issued a visa until their finger heals before they can be fingerprinted. The scanned fingerprint data collected at time of visa application will be compared with fingerprint scans at the U.S. port of entry to prevent the use of U.S. visas by imposters and by those wanted for more serious offenses. Persons already in posession of valid U.S. visas may continue to travel to the U.S. on their current visas and do not need to reapply for new visas until their current ones expire."