50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Plasctic Card (Green Card) Issued in One Week Upon Approval at Local District Office

Source: The Oh Law Firm

Today, the local USCIS district office in Minnesota started a new procedure of issuiance of the evidence of permanent resident when the case is approved after the interview. Until yesterday, the standard procedure was that once the adjudicating officer approved the I-485 applications, the officers collected the fingerprint of index finger and signature on a form and placed a temporary evidence of permanent residence in the passport. The form was then forwarded to the Nebraska Service Center which then produced the plastic green card, which took several months or a year.

The new procedure eliminates this manual biometric identifier collection and manual plastic green card production procedures. Once the adjudicating officer approves I-485 after the interviews, the officer electronically transmit approval notices, followed by the production of the plastic green card at the National Benefits Center using the biometical identifier which was already collected "digitally" at the finger print centers. This allows almost instant production of the plastic green card and delivery of the green card in about one week rather than months and months. The status of permanent resident is granted at the conclusion of the interview but the local district office ceases to give a stamp of temporary evidence of permanent residence in the passport since the plastic card is scheduled to be delivered to the applicants in about a week.

How wonderful! Assumedly, this new procedure is in place as of today in other local districts as well. Please check it out with the local district of your jurisdiction.

Cool huh?

Today, the local USCIS district office in Minnesota started a new procedure of issuiance of the evidence of permanent resident when the case is approved after the interview. Until yesterday, the standard procedure was that once the adjudicating officer approved the I-485 applications, the officers collected the fingerprint of index finger and signature on a form and placed a temporary evidence of permanent residence in the passport. The form was then forwarded to the Nebraska Service Center which then produced the plastic green card, which took several months or a year.

The new procedure eliminates this manual biometric identifier collection and manual plastic green card production procedures. Once the adjudicating officer approves I-485 after the interviews, the officer electronically transmit approval notices, followed by the production of the plastic green card at the National Benefits Center using the biometical identifier which was already collected "digitally" at the finger print centers. This allows almost instant production of the plastic green card and delivery of the green card in about one week rather than months and months. The status of permanent resident is granted at the conclusion of the interview but the local district office ceases to give a stamp of temporary evidence of permanent residence in the passport since the plastic card is scheduled to be delivered to the applicants in about a week.

How wonderful! Assumedly, this new procedure is in place as of today in other local districts as well. Please check it out with the local district of your jurisdiction.

Cool huh?

Update on the Plastic Green Card Issuance for the Local District Office I-485 Proceedings

For the cases which were interviewed and approved on September 7, 2004, the first day of the new procedure, the applicants received the Approval Notice from the NBC in the mail today, September 10, 2004. The Approval Notice states that the plastic card wll be delivered not in a week but in three weeks. Approval Notice indicates that the Notice Date is September 8, 2004, which is the date when the applicant became a lawful permanent resident.

Beat the system, Get a Green card !

So, it means, that the plastic card should come quickly.
    Here's what's bugging me. Shortly, I had been approved for 10 year green card together with my daughter, and usually all the mail for us was coming together, but in separate envelopes. This time my daughter got her card last week , but mine didn't come. Should I start worrying or I should wait for mine to come later?

Oga,

How long has it been since you two were approved?

Mo, I am kind of wondering if you are in the USA or in your home country going through consular processing.Why I am asking is that I am in my home country and was wondering if NVC had sent my case to consular here so what I did is to email our embassy here I received a reply the next day with them confirming that they have my case file and I should hear from them between 6 to 9 months for an appointment date which is great news but I know that I have 10 months and three weeks infront my case so I would like to know if I would receive pkt4 before my priority date has been reach.My priority date is Sept 8 1998 and they are currently working on Oct15 1997.I don't know how they calculate it but I don't want to email them again and be bothersome so I tell myself maybe they expect to work faster this new fiscal year.What do you think?

Spyraphicus3,
    I got a letter of approval on July 31, no interview needed. Seemed to be neat. Went for fingerprinting on August 3. The card for my daughter arrived on September 7. What happened to mine, I can only guess. What should I do now?

JohnDoe,
    It's so easy to forget.

Mine was processed on July 8th and I have not received my card yet. ARQU had his processed around the same time and has not received his card yet either. They say to allow 6 months so I would not be panicking yet. Yes, it is odd that your daughter received her's so quickly. I would look at it as your daughter received her card faster than normal, rather than looking at it as your's is late.