free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: re marriage

Hi all quick question is a US citizen marries someone who has no green card does that person get papers immediatly from immigration ie a work permit or whats the time line process etc .

genuine replies only.

Regards and thanks,
    Mary Josephine :-)

Hi all quick question is a US citizen marries someone who has no green card does that person get papers immediatly from immigration ie a work permit or whats the time line process etc .

genuine replies only.

Regards and thanks,

thy are here illegally but they have 2 children who have green cards now but the man has no papers his fiancee is us citizen he from peru so is she but she became us citizen 6 years ago..
    Regards and thanks,

Nothing is instant, Mary. You should know that when it comes to immigration. LOL.

OK. So he's illegal. How did he enter the US? EWI or with a valid visa that's since expired?
    The whole of life is but a moment of time. It is our duty, therefore to use it, not to misuse it - Plutarch

his ex wife is now a us citizen and the kds are his they have green cards as her us husband sponsored them just he has no papers ie, is here illegal had holiday visa and stayed ..soon to be wife has nothing to do with his ex wife and kids .. new future wife is a Us citizen
    Regards and thanks,

yah i know nothings instant my question is ok nowm he will marry a us citizen what do they need to do now..
    Regards and thanks,

they are all here ex wife is in kansas with her /their kids . he and his fiancee live in Virginia
    Regards and thanks,

ok so does it all take a long time ie would he get some kind of temporary stamp from immigration .. is my issue I guess.
    Regards and thanks,

Only way the kids would help would be if he was EWI and ineligible to adjust status - would help for the I-601 waiver BUT if he entered on a tourist visa, that's not necessary.

After the marriage, they need to file I-130, I-485, I-765 and (I think)2 G-325A's. The I-765 is for work authorization. It's generally approved long before the green card comes through.
    The whole of life is but a moment of time. It is our duty, therefore to use it, not to misuse it - Plutarch

thanks so umm he would get some kind of tempo work permit immed .. hes kids have green cards as his ex wife remarried and her husband us citizen sponsored them But he my friend is illegal getting married xmas day to his fiancee of 2 years she is a us citizen.. she is from peru also but she became us citizen like 6 years she just has a reg job ie not wealthy does that make a difference .
    Regards and thanks,