50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: Want to marry my new old guy

I was married for 6 years to a US citizen and became a citizen myself in February 2005 through that marriage. Almost immediately, my husband confessed to fathering a child outside the marriage and we separated and a absolute decree was issued December 2005. A former boyfriend (recently divorced also) who resides in the Caribbean and I have rekindled as of May 2005 and we would like to be married in June of 2006. I would like to know if I can sponsor my soon-to-be husband and his children (who recently lost their mom) immediately as a fiance (k1 & k2)or will it be better to get married and then file? Is there a prescribed waiting period? Also will these speedy moves be frowned upon by immigration?

I was married for 6 years to a US citizen and became a citizen myself in February 2005 through that marriage. Almost immediately, my husband confessed to fathering a child outside the marriage and we separated and a absolute decree was issued December 2005. A former boyfriend (recently divorced also) who resides in the Caribbean and I have rekindled as of May 2005 and we would like to be married in June of 2006. I would like to know if I can sponsor my soon-to-be husband and his children (who recently lost their mom) immediately as a fiance (k1 & k2)or will it be better to get married and then file? Is there a prescribed waiting period? Also will these speedy moves be frowned upon by immigration?

The fastest way is to get married then file. The immigration will get a red flag with all your moves, but if your new marriage is for real, then you shouldnt have any troubles. Just make sure you have plenty of evidence, and remember the burden of proof is on you.

if it wasnt shady you woudlnt be asking

the ins will see it the same way if they look hard enough .. marry, file, and be prepared

as far him coming .. i think any form of visa is fine since you're gonna file for adjustment anyways

since you've done it once before you know what to expect

i just hope he wasnt in immigration proceedings as well because that would definatelly raise a red flag

I think K-3 is better , I am trying to get my husband here on it ( we have been together for 3 yrs).

This is just my opinion though, it is up to you.

Michael
    Not too obvious of a fraud is it