50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: VWP after visa cancellation

can anyone tell me if I can travel on a VWP or transit through US ever after my visa was cancelled at POE Texas/Mexican Border 212(a)(7)(A)(i)(I). I had a valid B2 visa with annotation "accompanying partner L1" (we are both UK citizens) issued in London to stay with my partner. In 22 months stayed 6 times traveling with him all under 6 month visits as he works in different states The guards reason was there was no visa to accompany partners, (I have a Mexican work permit that they had no problem with) so I am confused. Can the London embassy clarify my position? was told a one year ban then could reapply but my partner will be based in UK by then so it is not an issue, just the cancellation in my passport, the reason why and it's implications. I would appreciate any advice

can anyone tell me if I can travel on a VWP or transit through US ever after my visa was cancelled at POE Texas/Mexican Border 212(a)(7)(A)(i)(I). I had a valid B2 visa with annotation "accompanying partner L1" (we are both UK citizens) issued in London to stay with my partner. In 22 months stayed 6 times traveling with him all under 6 month visits as he works in different states The guards reason was there was no visa to accompany partners, (I have a Mexican work permit that they had no problem with) so I am confused. Can the London embassy clarify my position? was told a one year ban then could reapply but my partner will be based in UK by then so it is not an issue, just the cancellation in my passport, the reason why and it's implications. I would appreciate any advice

Does your partner have a valid L1? When is your B2 good until?

Seems the Immigration Officer did not understand the nature of your B and refused you incorrectly.

Easiest solution would be to get maried and get a L2.

Otherwise you will need another B, you last one is void.

b2 visa valid till 31 jan 2009, partner valid till 31 jan 2009. I am getting married June 2008 when my partner returns to UK for good, so have no need for a new US visa, just would like to not have this against my name. Have a flight home Wed from Mexico city, to return to my old home, and old job, also had a flight home in December from US and my last return flight home in June from US. Was never asked about any of this from border guard. Just told that my visa was not for cohabitation. Do not know what else "accompaning L1 partner could mean?" Worried that if I push my partner will get a hard time crossing the border, even though he went through huge check also, but if they could kick me out for nothing then they could kick him out plus they scared the life out of me. Thanks for the replies, never thought I would find myself in this position, just looking forward to getting home and seeing some friendly faces.It will be pretty hard going home to an empty house without my partner being there though, as we have lived together 4 years.
    Some people have said perhaps working in Mexico had confused the issue but the border guard told me without my FM3 I would have had to go into a detention center, but if I did not work in Mexico I would not have been crossing the border, I still think if I were trying to stay in the US I would never have been crossing over the border on a regular basis, I worked in Mexico because I was bored, Could not work obviously before I got to Texas and would not in the next state my partner is being sent to. I will wait till my partner moves to his next state in Jan or Feb to work and I will see if the London Embassy will allow me an appointment, to explain what my cancellation was for. Thanks again