50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Urgent! Need advice. Russian travels with INS travel document.

Hi, everyone! I am a citizen of Russian Federation with INS travel document on hands, planning to visit Ukraine this summer. Ukraine does not require russian citizen to have visas. However, I do NOT posses russian passport. Does somebody know if I can go to Ukraine with I131 travel document without visa, or I still should get ukrainian visa. Ukrainian Embassy wasn't really helpful. Thank you.

Hi, everyone! I am a citizen of Russian Federation with INS travel document on hands, planning to visit Ukraine this summer. Ukraine does not require russian citizen to have visas. However, I do NOT posses russian passport. Does somebody know if I can go to Ukraine with I131 travel document without visa, or I still should get ukrainian visa. Ukrainian Embassy wasn't really helpful. Thank you.

I shall call my father tomorrow and ask. My dad owns somewhat a unique company which does art decco structures for presentations, trade shows and etc. anyhow, his crew and himself travel outside of Ukraine to Russia and Belarus quite a bit so he might know of any potential compications and issues about traveling without a passport.
    ...Mistake Recognized is half corrected ...

Hey anton,

What kind of INS travel document do u have? Since u r citizen of Russia why you don't have Russian passport ? well I think it will be better if u get visa coz I had tough experience with Ukraine too ...when I traveled from Moscow to Sochi ...and train I was supposed to go on...was entering Ukraine boarder ... and yeah Ukraine embassy in Moscow... people were not helpful ... well I m not Russian ...may be that's why ...but even in transit they gave us hard time with checking ... thank god ... I speak Russian like its my mother tongue so I didn't give up and they had to let us go....

So better to go with passport or if u can travel without passport ... I will still recommend u to get some kinda document from Ukraine embassy .... Good luck...Pasha

Just got off the phone with my dad, now that it is almost 8am there . Anyhow, make sure you have Russian Passport when travel. Without one, you can't really prove if you are Russian citizen or like Pasha possible spy who speaks russian like it is his onw language. Furthermore, you will have to file a declaration if you traveling with over a certain amount of money these days and your name will be verifyed with your passport. In other words - get yourself a passport.

если ничего не помогает тогда можно предложить зеленые и все будет окей...удачи...

хотя я не рекомендую этот вариант так как это опасно...гарантии тут нет

hey longtimehere...

lol...i m not a spy.... i did my graduation over there...stayed there for 7 yrs...lol...

moreover....I had valid status as student in Russian Med School and stamp of registration and transit visa for Ukraine also.... But just coz I didn't look like Russian ...they wanted to earn some money from me.... They thought ... I wouldn't know anything .... And out of fear ... I would give them something.... Few people ended up paying them...coz they tried to scare them and take to MILITSIA.... But I scared sh*t out of them.... So they let me go....

зелёные помогают но могут потрясти...
    а шпионом я тебя в шутку обозвал

так точно. ..согласен...зеленые - не всегда хороший вариант...если ничего не остается ...можно пробовать...хотя я не рекомендую...извиняюсь на счет шпиона - шутки...правда не вошло в голову... спокойной ночью