50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: Trying to get legal..help

I have been helping a friend from Mexico obtain a legal status. He has been here 12 years.
    He has a valid SS # and at one time a greencard.
    He also has a drivers license that will expire in September and will not be renewed withot proof of legal status..Anyhow, we have been to four different laywers in the past few months..
    We were told by two to just wait for pres. bush or amnesty...one said employer sponsorship may help, but will take 3 years..how is he supposed to work as a landscaper driving trucks without a license? The last one mentioned investing in a business to get an investor visa. Does anyone have any suggestions for us? HELP!

I have been helping a friend from Mexico obtain a legal status. He has been here 12 years.
    He has a valid SS # and at one time a greencard.
    He also has a drivers license that will expire in September and will not be renewed withot proof of legal status..Anyhow, we have been to four different laywers in the past few months..
    We were told by two to just wait for pres. bush or amnesty...one said employer sponsorship may help, but will take 3 years..how is he supposed to work as a landscaper driving trucks without a license? The last one mentioned investing in a business to get an investor visa. Does anyone have any suggestions for us? HELP!

What happened to his green card?

He origianlly got his greencard based on asylum, which was not the case. So, it was not renewable.

gg,
    either he made up this story or the GC he claims to have posessed once.

Asylees get the ASYLUM which is indefinite ( I believe, if I am not wrong, it's described in INA Section 208. But I might be wrong).Anyways, the status of ASYLEE is indefinite (by the way, I never heard before of Mexican Asyllee) , and it is subject to termination by IJ or some other authorised body, upon drastic changes in home country or in case if beneficiary considered a threat to a National Security.

Moreover, once person applies for AOS, DHS can no longer deport him/her, unless for any serious grounds/violations of law application for AOS is denied.

And if he EVER HAD GC based on Asylum, then there is no way it could expire on its own, unless he robbed a store at gun point or sold a kilo of cocaine in the street corner and got placed in proceedings for that reason.

Anyways, as of now it seems that he is Undocumented Alien.
    Well, there is not much he can do then.
    Additionally, if he was ordered deported (like one of 400 000) , he will probably be apprehended and removed.

You must know about 3 and 10 yr bars, so there is no need for me to go into details of E Visa unless you tell us that he was Unlawfully present for less than 180 days.

Good luck.

So true, E. First of all an asylum claim from a Mexican would go nowhere. Conditions do not exist there that would warrant a grant of asylum. Secondly, once you are granted asylum that is pretty much it. Under very limited circumstances it could be taken away but that's few and far between.