free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: N 400 and change of address AR 11

Hi everyone...

This question is for my friend who filed N 400 in april 2005 with atlanta district office... He wants to file AR 11 and new address comes under San francisco district office...

Atlanta is a lot slower than SF, CA district office... what would happen if he files change of address... will it speed up his N 400 because SF is processing march 29 2005 currently and he filed N 400 in april 2005 ?

does anybody here have experience of change of address for N 400 once the fingerprint is done...how long does it take for the transfer for file from one district office to another ?

Thanks and have a great day...Pasha

Hi everyone...

This question is for my friend who filed N 400 in april 2005 with atlanta district office... He wants to file AR 11 and new address comes under San francisco district office...

Atlanta is a lot slower than SF, CA district office... what would happen if he files change of address... will it speed up his N 400 because SF is processing march 29 2005 currently and he filed N 400 in april 2005 ?

does anybody here have experience of change of address for N 400 once the fingerprint is done...how long does it take for the transfer for file from one district office to another ?

Thanks and have a great day...Pasha

Pasha Patel, I think it will be a good change, since SF, CA is processing March 29, 2005 his file will be in process for the month of April 2005. He will save a lot of time.
    It was posted on this board and You must have read that some one had changed his address from PA to next State and he was processed in a month.
    USCIS take's the date of your filing, you can file any where your date will remains the same.
    The case I refer to was from Nov. 04 to March/April 05 on this board if I am not mistaken.
    All Dist. Office under TSC are slower then any other offices in the US.
    Enjoy the Ghazal program on Sept. 16, 2005 with Anop Jolota, Talat Aziz, and Ghulam Ali.

IJUST FOUND ONE LINK THAT IS PADDY WHO WROTE ON FEB.15, 2005 and before him I think by Sphyrapicus. GO BACK TO PAGE 37 to 40

Note that people with pending naturalization applications follow slightly different protocol for change of address.
    "An applicant for naturalization may comply with the law by filing a Form AR-11 AND telephoning the National Customer Service Center to advise that office of the change of address. Applicants and petitioners for any other benefits should file a Form AR-11 AND notify in writing the local office processing their case of any change of address."

http://uscis.gov/graphics/howdoi/address.htm
    The above is simply an opinion. Your mileage may vary. For immigration issues, please consult an immigration attorney.

Thanks a lot Adam and sappyconifer ... I appreciate your replies.... yes now I remember Paddy had the same situation and he saved lot of months by transferring the file to different i guess Vermont service center... Once again thanks guys...Pasha