ILW.COM - the immigration portal Immigration Daily

Home Page

Immigration Daily


Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board



Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation


CLE Workshops

Immigration books

Advertise on ILW

VIP Network




Connect to us

Make us Homepage



Immigration Daily

Chinese Immig. Daily

The leading
immigration law
publisher - over
50000 pages of
free information!
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 78

Thread: Asylum. Need your advise please.

  1. #1
    Hello Everybody!
    I would like to apply for Political Asylum and need your valuable advises please! Me and my spouse came from Southern Russia,enter the U.S. on Nov.2001 on B-2 Visa, for 6 month, then we did apply for H-1 Visa but ended up with denial on 2003,Feb,( we were defrauded by Immigration Agency ).Our baby was born here on 2003, now I would like to apply for Asylum with my spouse. We know that we should apply the first year of our entry to the US, but we have enough extraordinary circumstances to explain. What do you think? If we end up again getting denial we'll be deportable we know that too. Does BCIS gonna deport us even we have the U.S. born child here? What is our chances to be granted Asylum?How many times we can appeal, if we get denial?
    Attorney said that BCIS can not deport us, as we have US born child here (extreme hardship..). Is that true? What would you advise us? Do we have to try Asylum, do nothing and wait for some sort of Amnesty or immigrate to Canada?

    Any advise or guidence on this regard will be really appreciated.
    Thanks for your time!

    Gratefully Yours,


  2. #2
    You already have a paper trail dealing with the CIS. What do you think your asylum claim will look like to an adjudicating officer after you tried unsuccessfully change your status? The rule about filing within 1 year of arrival is taken very seriously. The CIS adjudicators are no dummies and will view your claim as another attempt to stay in the U.S., nothing else. In my opinion your asylum case doesn't have a chance. Of course you can appeal it wasting another few years in the U.S. But keep in mind that Canada will soon have agreement with the U.S. to turn down automatically any asylum cases in Canada if they were denied in the U.S.


  3. #3
    TO: Someone12

    Why don't youi take it easy pal!

  4. #4
    Immigration judges tend to believe that young children won't have any trouble adjusting to their parents' homeland, so are not likely to buy your claim of "extreme hardship". I also believe that you have to be here for 10 years and have a U.S. citizen child or spouse for that one to even have a chance.

    Immigration does deport parents everyday. It's your choice what you do with your U.S.-born child--take him/her with you or put it in foster care here.

  5. #5
    TO: Someone12

    It's not your country pal! This is the country of immigrants from all over the world dude! Your ancesstors,or you yourself came to this country just like evrybody else, now you pointing your dirty finger to others and telling them that horse****! This country was built by immigrants if you know the history of this land of the free. Many who came here just like me as a visitor and then made their AOS. I did not scammed anybody and not trying to do so you *******! Of course I am working in my field/I am a MD. at the Hospital and bought a big house and two luxury cars/cadillac 2001/2002. I am happy here and will become an American in the near future whatever **** you try to say. you don't know me and you don't have to insult me by any ways you *******!

  6. #6
    check your brain you idiot, I can get you psychoterapist consultation at no charge for sound like an Adolf Hitler in 1941.he was your granpa most likely,discrimination is against the law at least in this part of the world, you can get sued for this you chickenhead.

  7. #7
    Danielle--It's not YOUR country, or you wouldn't be in the fix you're in. So, you're an MD with two cars and a house--but you can't find someone to sponsor you so you can remain legally? Doesn't say much about your skills.
    Also, you did all this on a visitor's visa? Boy, I hope you filed your taxes because you're going to have enough trouble convincing immigration you're an asylee, without violating tax laws.
    As I said before, people with U.S. born children get deported every day. See other postings on this site. You'd better have a darn compelling reason for why you didn't apply for asylum earlier, and this is one instance where the house, car, etc., may work against you. If I were an immigration officer, I'd wonder just what was more important to you--what you managed to buy here, or the persecution you claim to have left. And of course, your attempt to get an H1-B instead of asylum, well, that's suspicious in and of itself.

  8. #8

    American prisons are full of fraudsters who believe they are being discriminated against. Wonder what MD stands for in your lexicon, actually no, I don't want to know

    You're even beyond disgusting, so you just make me laugh at your futile attempts to disrespect this country. Hope you get deported soon.

  9. #9
    Oh, yes, Danielle--As soon as you're declared deportable, that 10 years here for claiming extreme hardship no longer applies. So, you could stay here 50 years illegally, and still not be able to have your child sponsor you without having to leave the country and fight the 10-year bar.

    Of course, I wouldn't want to see the hospital or clinic that would hire you if you were here illegally. You may find it a little hard to keep up that lifestyle you've become accustomed to.

  10. #10
    Daniel !

    I have 10 gallons of kerosene, saved specially for people like yourself!
    I suggest that we all, I mean myself and likeminded people who support me, get together and burn you at stake, so others will learn good lesson.
    But we won't burn you right away, we won't put all 10 gallons on you and fire it right away!
    First, we will burn your feet, your toes, with... littrle cadle fire.. Just tickling
    Then, little by little..
    How about your *****?
    We can burn it too, you know..
    So much fun!
    Finally, when you feel no more pain, when your body all covered with burn marks.. well, THEN, and only THEN we will pour those 10 gallons of kerosene on you and .. fsssshhhmmmmm....!!!!!!
    Done with Danielle, no more Daniele, no more problems for us!

    What a happiness!
    We are such a kind, wise and penetratingly intelligent ones!
    Say thanks we don't want to burn you right away!!!

    Now, as far as your questions go..
    There is Law, INA, then there are Courts that interpret those Laws and there is Practice of Law and cases to look at.
    You are most reccomended to consult with professional Immigration Attorney. This website is not the best place to get legal advise.

    You should take anything written here with irony and skeptiticism.

    Can I share my opinion now?

    Ok, and keep in mind that I am not here to JUDGE.

    so.. I think that you either have to wait for some form of legalization, releif to be signed into law ( don't expect for it to happen anytime soon, but be certain, it will be passed into law, every sane person knows it, even if it takes 10 to 15 years from now, but it will be), or else , go back to Russia and try to immigrate to some other country.
    Canada should accept you and give you a GC if you have all the needed credentials to get 67 points, as Canada requires now.
    And it will take less than many years.
    Asylum in US, after more than one year being here, is not easy to obtain, there are too many undercurrents involved, as you know. But being totally ignorant of your individual case it would be arrogance on my part to categorically suggest that you either CAN or CAN NOT obtain it here.
    You can still apply for Withholding of Deportation under CAT, or some other basis.
    But will need firm proof that your life will be in imminent danger if you return.
    There are news reports of numerous killings, tortures and deaths in Russia, (perpetrated by teenagers and not seriously prosecuted by Law Enforcement) , hate crimes based on victims national origin and appearance, but those reports alone will not guarantee you W/D, even if you fall under category that is being persecuted there.
    And again, if you claim Asylum, which has lower burden of proof, you will then be asked WHY you didn't claim it as soon as you arrived to US and so on.
    So, may be it's better for you to go back, get yourself tortured, hopefully survive and then run out of country, anywhere you can, and then claim Asylum.

    In general, I could say just about anything to anyone, but individual circumstances, as you understand, are always different.

    Slight difference would make great impact on deciding what strategy you should choose. Add to this ever changing circumstances, little incidents of daily life and etc..
    Almost like Quantum Mechanics! Isn't it?
    As you see it is absolutely impossible to give you exact answers to your questions.

    Consult Immigration Attorney, and ask yourself what you should do.

    And don't forget: America is the land of Independence and Responsible Freedom.
    Don't depend on opinion of others, depend on yourself.

    Long live, America!!!

Similar Threads

  1. Need advise on my denied asylum
    By rookie in forum Immigration Discussion
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 08-21-2006, 07:05 AM
  2. advise me
    By jnagori in forum Immigration Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-28-2004, 04:35 PM
  3. can someone advise me
    By in forum Immigration Discussion
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-10-2003, 07:34 AM
  4. Please advise
    By in forum Immigration Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-04-2002, 12:01 AM
  5. Please, advise!!!
    By in forum Immigration Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-13-2002, 10:20 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Put Free Immigration Law Headlines On Your Website

Immigration Daily: the news source for legal professionals. Free! Join 35000+ readers Enter your email address here: