free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Illegal wants to get status

We have a Hispanic that is working for our small company. He is 19, married and has 2 yr old daughter. Daughter was born in US and wife is Hispanic also. He came to US when he was 10 or 11 and at that time had a green card. Green card expired and his parents never renewed. Does anyone know what process he will have to go through to get his "status" back to be legal. In the state of KY he can't even get his license. He does have a Social Security number, but we aren't sure if its actually his.

Can anyone help

We have a Hispanic that is working for our small company. He is 19, married and has 2 yr old daughter. Daughter was born in US and wife is Hispanic also. He came to US when he was 10 or 11 and at that time had a green card. Green card expired and his parents never renewed. Does anyone know what process he will have to go through to get his "status" back to be legal. In the state of KY he can't even get his license. He does have a Social Security number, but we aren't sure if its actually his.

Can anyone help

Hi Alozoya,

Welcome to the forum. What is the status of his parents?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by alozoya:

Can anyone help </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So what documents did you use to qualify him to work for your company then if you dont know if he is in fact owner of that soc. sec card? where is the expired green card? did you see it?

From what my husband has told me they never renewed their green card / visa either...so they have all been here illegally. I will see what else I can find out

He has just started working for our company and at this time is working when needed for cash. We are willing to try and help him get his green card/visa but don't know the steps we have to take. He has said that he may have to go back to Mexico and start over, but that process could take 2 to 3 years from our understandings.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by alozoya:
    He has just started working for our company and at this time is working when needed for cash. We are willing to try and help him get his green card/visa but don't know the steps we have to take. He has said that he may have to go back to Mexico and start over, but that process could take 2 to 3 years from our understandings. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Are you saying his wife is illegal too? And her parents? If this is the case, I'm afraid there is little chance for them to adjust their status here.

I'm not exactly sure what the status of the wife is, my husband did plumbing work for this family a few weeks ago and then went by to hire this gentleman. Once I can find something out, will let you know more.

Thanks

I'm not exactly sure what the status of the wife is, my husband did plumbing work for this family a few weeks ago and then went by to hire this gentleman. Once I can find something out, will let you know more.

Thanks </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If the wife is an LPR or USC, there is hope. Yes, please come back when you have more information. Good luck!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by davdah:
    At this point he may be out of luck. He was supposed to have updated his card at 14 and again after 18. Since he is a year past 18 he is not only out of status but subject to a 10 yr ban from re-entry.

Now for you. You are in violation of section 8 usc 1324(a)(1)(A)(iv)(b)(iii). Aiding and abetting an illegal alien. The SSN he is using belongs to someone who is going to have problems with the IRS for supposed unreported income. Since you know or suspect it is not his you can be held liable for tax fraud and or evasion. This will come back to you when the IRS discovers where the person worked using the bogus number. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
    I hate when someone work with your social security number, I am not against ilegals at all, but why go a step aheah and commit fraud by using someone else social, if you want to be ilegal and work with a tax ID number, but do not work on some else social, I am going through this problem, someone is working under my social securiy number, I have identity monitor and just pulled my monthly credit report and there and behold someone is working at a diamond factory with my number, I am a nurse, what can I do, it is so scary, thanks.
    "If there is anyone out there who still doubts that America is a place where all things are possible, who still wonders if the dream of our founders is alive in our time, who still questions the power of our democracy, tonight is your answer." -US Pr