50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Troubles in my mariage during the process of adjustement of status.

Hi everybody,

I have been married 5 months with a USC, and we filed for adjustment of status in november. I was legally entered with tourist visa in april 2007. But I am having serious problem with my husband and he suddenly is talking about divorce before trying to find a solution or conciliation. I wonder if he doesn't want to jeopardize our mariage and the process in course, to hurt me. All the fees have been paid by myself with help of my family, because he was complaining to be short of money. In addition, he made me fail the appointment date for the fingerprinter, and I am waiting to be rescheduled. How many time will it take in general?
    My other question is, what can I do if they ask for a document belonging to him if he has the willing to stop the process? What can I do, if I can't make him change his mind about our mariage?
    I must precise that we were getting along very well at the beginning, until his ex-wife and daughter discover that he has been married again.
    They began to make me have hard time, especially the daughter, who decided to move with us and decided that she doesn't like me and refused to greed me. Since two months, things are becoming worse and worse, and finally, my husband decided to choose to leave me because I am not trying to understand...(I wonder what?). One of the kids decided to treat me like a furniture in the house, and my husband didn't seem annoyed by the situation.
    His ex-wife still asked for the full custody while they are staying with us since november. Above all, we never make any reception for this mariage and the honeymoon he promised me at the beginning was compromised by the situation.
    He didn't want to understand why I was becoming more and more depressed and unhappy to leave in conditions where I feel out of place. We were living in a one bedroom studio, with his two kids. His son used to be my friend, but lately he has been influenced by the sister.
    And at the beginning of January, he begins to change and becoming really mean with me, but I couldn't imagine that it could turn the way it is today.
    Sometimes I was taking several days to spend in my family to unwind, and he was pissed of because and he was telling me that "it's hell at home when I am not here, and he needed me with him". But he will never do anything to change the situation at home.
    He was too weak and wasn't able to tell any thing to his daughter. So I had to be the helpful victim.
    In january, After eating a desert he brought me from outside, I got a virus the next day, and I was feeling real pain in my chest.
    But he was complaining to waste his time taking me to the doctor. They send me to a dermatologist because I was loosing my hairs too and my stomach was swallened. I had to make blood test, he told me that I have to wait until the next week.
    So, my brother decided to take me to his house and to the laboratory right away. I stayed there until I felt better, but he didnt want to answer to my phone calls, and when I came back, he told me "to get the hell out of his house", in front of the kids. Because I sent him a message saying that "I will not let his 2 beaches ruin my mariage". It was his proper terms talking about his ex-wife and his daughter. But now, he appears offended that I said it. And 3 days after I left, his Attorney sent me a letter telling me that he wants to divorce without conciliation.

I hope someone could give me some ideas to handle the situation the best way possible.
    I wish you all a nice day.

Anigna.

Hi everybody,

I have been married 5 months with a USC, and we filed for adjustment of status in november. I was legally entered with tourist visa in april 2007. But I am having serious problem with my husband and he suddenly is talking about divorce before trying to find a solution or conciliation. I wonder if he doesn't want to jeopardize our mariage and the process in course, to hurt me. All the fees have been paid by myself with help of my family, because he was complaining to be short of money. In addition, he made me fail the appointment date for the fingerprinter, and I am waiting to be rescheduled. How many time will it take in general?
    My other question is, what can I do if they ask for a document belonging to him if he has the willing to stop the process? What can I do, if I can't make him change his mind about our mariage?
    I must precise that we were getting along very well at the beginning, until his ex-wife and daughter discover that he has been married again.
    They began to make me have hard time, especially the daughter, who decided to move with us and decided that she doesn't like me and refused to greed me. Since two months, things are becoming worse and worse, and finally, my husband decided to choose to leave me because I am not trying to understand...(I wonder what?). One of the kids decided to treat me like a furniture in the house, and my husband didn't seem annoyed by the situation.
    His ex-wife still asked for the full custody while they are staying with us since november. Above all, we never make any reception for this mariage and the honeymoon he promised me at the beginning was compromised by the situation.
    He didn't want to understand why I was becoming more and more depressed and unhappy to leave in conditions where I feel out of place. We were living in a one bedroom studio, with his two kids. His son used to be my friend, but lately he has been influenced by the sister.
    And at the beginning of January, he begins to change and becoming really mean with me, but I couldn't imagine that it could turn the way it is today.
    Sometimes I was taking several days to spend in my family to unwind, and he was pissed of because and he was telling me that "it's hell at home when I am not here, and he needed me with him". But he will never do anything to change the situation at home.
    He was too weak and wasn't able to tell any thing to his daughter. So I had to be the helpful victim.
    In january, After eating a desert he brought me from outside, I got a virus the next day, and I was feeling real pain in my chest.
    But he was complaining to waste his time taking me to the doctor. They send me to a dermatologist because I was loosing my hairs too and my stomach was swallened. I had to make blood test, he told me that I have to wait until the next week.
    So, my brother decided to take me to his house and to the laboratory right away. I stayed there until I felt better, but he didnt want to answer to my phone calls, and when I came back, he told me "to get the hell out of his house", in front of the kids. Because I sent him a message saying that "I will not let his 2 beaches ruin my mariage". It was his proper terms talking about his ex-wife and his daughter. But now, he appears offended that I said it. And 3 days after I left, his Attorney sent me a letter telling me that he wants to divorce without conciliation.

I hope someone could give me some ideas to handle the situation the best way possible.
    I wish you all a nice day.

Anigna.

how long did you know your husband
    before you married him?

How did you meet?

Hi; You have come to the right place for good advice ! You will find many people that will provide helpful and say nice things to you.

I am not one of them.

"I have been married 5 months with a USC, and we filed for adjustment of status in november. I was legally entered with tourist visa in april 2007." So you married 5 months after entry hmmm suspicious. You apparently OERSTAYED ILLEGALLY and entered illegally with the intent to immigrate. "But I am having serious problem with my husband and he suddenly is talking about divorce before trying to find a solution or conciliation." A solution to what? Being defrauded?? "I wonder if he doesn't want to jeopardize our mariage and the process in course, to hurt me." So you can hurt him? "In addition, he made me fail the appointment date for the fingerprinter, and I am waiting to be rescheduled. How many time will it take in general?" You are blaming HIM for your failure to show up? "What can I do, if I can't make him change his mind about our mariage?" You want to control someone else ?
    "I must precise that we were getting along very well at the beginning, until his ex-wife and daughter discover that he has been married again. They began to make me have hard time, especially the daughter, who decided to move with us and decided that she doesn't like me and refused to greed me." She is greeding you? I don't know what the **** that means.
    You are A FRAUD !!!! GET OUT !!!
    These people stop at Nothing !

Death to IMBRA AND VAWA !

God Bless America and no one else !!!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by davdah:
    She called his daughter a b*tch and wonders why she is being divorced? Amazing!!!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yea duhhh
    These people stop at Nothing !

Death to IMBRA AND VAWA !

God Bless America and no one else !!!

well that is just sad.he has the upper hand.there are no children,its just five months.you should try to fix your marriage,I dont know what to say.good luck!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">My other question is, what can I do if they ask for a document belonging to him if he has the willing to stop the process? What can I do, if I can't make him change his mind about our mariage? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hi Anigna,

Welcome to the ILW.com.

I can't answer with authority what you should do if he doesn't want to go to the process. But regarding your second question, I just think that if he doesn't want to work out his marriage with you, then it reveals what kind of character he has and the nature of your relationship. It seems that he's not a quality person to begin with if he doesn't even want to go to counseling.

If I were you, I would pick up the pieces and go on with my life. If you want to stay in the US, you can do so by your own without being degraded.

Good luck.
    Do all the good you can, in all the ways you can, as long as ever you can.

--John Wesley

She would need first to get past the first hurdle, which would be to secure the conditional green card. That requires the couple to demonstrate to USCIS that he is willing to be her sponsor, and that the marriage is viable.

If within days of proclaiming that he could not "manage without her and wanted her to be with him during her absence", his lawyer presents her with a petition for divorce, I would question first his true commitment to the marriage and his sanity.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mrs. B.:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">My other question is, what can I do if they ask for a document belonging to him if he has the willing to stop the process? What can I do, if I can't make him change his mind about our mariage? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hi Anigna,

Welcome to the ILW.com.

I can't answer with authority what you should do if he doesn't want to go to the process. But regarding your second question, I just think that if he doesn't want to work out his marriage with you, then it reveals what kind of character he has and the nature of your relationship. It seems that he's not a quality person to begin with if he doesn't even want to go to counseling.

If I were you, I would pick up the pieces and go on with my life. If you want to stay in the US, you can do so by your own without being degraded.

Good luck. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">when I came back, he told me "to get the hell out of his house", in front of the kids. Because I sent him a message saying that<span class="ev_code_RED"> "I will not let his 2 beaches ruin my mariage</span>". It was his proper terms talking about his ex-wife and his daughter. But now, he appears offended that I said it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Im sure you have realized that you overdid it by saying this about his daughter. Despite what he says about them, you cannot.

Whatever were you thinking?

He is probably in the process of withdrawing your paperwork due to divorce, and that means that you will be out of status, as your visa has expired. You will be told when to leave the country by letter.

I would be looking to getting into a college

so that when you return home you can apply for f1 and be able to come back.

Best wishes to you and next time remember\

Loose lips sinks ship.

Best wishes to