50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: desperate for help green card

I have aplied for my green card in 2001 and I won my case on 1999 and still haven't got any answer. Till I receive my welcome letter can any of you guys help me what to do or any phone number to call? I have been in the U.S.A. for more then 9 years and am in desperate need for help...I have tried the INS number and it didn't work...It looks like it is just a loss of time with them. Do you know how long it is going to take or what to do? Thank You!!!

I have aplied for my green card in 2001 and I won my case on 1999 and still haven't got any answer. Till I receive my welcome letter can any of you guys help me what to do or any phone number to call? I have been in the U.S.A. for more then 9 years and am in desperate need for help...I have tried the INS number and it didn't work...It looks like it is just a loss of time with them. Do you know how long it is going to take or what to do? Thank You!!!

Book and appointment with your Senator

Myabe he can get you answers

Susie: That is really helpful advice...which will get him exactly, er, nowhere. You don't even know anything about his case or situation (because he didn't provide any).

Like: What do you mean that you "won your case in 1999" and applied for a green card in 2001?

I assume that you have refugee status. There are a very limited number of green cards available for refugees every year, and the system is backlogged. My guess is that USCIS is waiting for a visa number to become available for you, at which time they will either approve or deny your application.

In the meantime, Susie will likely use your case as an example of America being heartless and lacking compassion...that appears to be her mission.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by like:
    I have aplied for my green card in 2001 and I won my case on 1999 and still haven't got any answer. Till I receive my welcome letter can any of you guys help me what to do or any phone number to call? I have been in the U.S.A. for more then 9 years and am in desperate need for help...I have tried the INS number and it didn't work...It looks like it is just a loss of time with them. Do you know how long it is going to take or what to do? Thank You!!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
    I am assuming that an immigration judge awarded you the green card. This might help you with your question. From my understanding, the court or your attorney should have given you the court ruling from the case. If that is so, perhaps making an infopass appointment at USCIS.gov website. Good luck to you.
    "Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." John Adams on Defense of the boston Massacre

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SunDevilUSA:
    Susie: That is really helpful advice...which will get him exactly, er, nowhere. You don't even know anything about his case or situation (because he didn't provide any).

Like: What do you mean that you "won your case in 1999" and applied for a green card in 2001?

I assume that you have refugee status. There are a very limited number of green cards available for refugees every year, and the system is backlogged. My guess is that USCIS is waiting for a visa number to become available for you, at which time they will either approve or deny your application.

In the meantime, Susie will likely use your case as an example of America being heartless and lacking compassion...that appears to be her mission. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
    If USCIS is not providing any answers to why it is taking over 6 yrars to receive a green card or any other type of letter, then booking an appointment with a US senator or representative is reasonable. That is part of their job with their constituency irregardless if one can legally vote or not. And again, this is not badmothing the US if processing times to receive a green card for an assylee or refugee should be taking any longer than two years, which shows how flawed the US immigration system is.
    "Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." John Adams on Defense of the boston Massacre

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Hudson:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SunDevilUSA:

In the meantime, Susie will likely use your case as an example of America being heartless and lacking compassion...that appears to be her mission. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
    If USCIS is not providing any answers to why it is taking over 6 yrars to receive a green card or any other type of letter, then booking an appointment with a US senator or representative is reasonable. That is part of their job with their constituency irregardless if one can legally vote or not. And again, this is not badmothing the US if processing times to receive a green card for an assylee or refugee should be taking any longer than two years, which shows how flawed the US immigration system is. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Let me give you some more info about my case...
    In 1999 -&gt; we were granted with politic asyllum
    In the court the prosecutor decided to apeale the case and then he withdrew the case.
    In 2001 -&gt; we applied for the green card in Nebrasca.
    In 2006-&gt; They transfered our case in NYC.
    Two months ago I contacted a congressman. Based on what he is telling us now our case is in the Letigation Unit which means ("our" opinion) that our file is still in the apeale court, and the officer in NYC need to access to the file and approve it for the green card. That is were we are standing right now. So our question is how much time it is going to take or what else should we do??? Thank You guys for your replies.