free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: Pending Asylum case-renew work permit-& moving from GA to VA

Help!!Help!!Help!!

I am here in the US pending my asylum case (based on domestic violence and religion), I got my work permit (after a long delay) in Feb. 2004, it expires Feb. 2005. My lawyer told me that we have to apply for renewing the work permit at least 5 months before the expiry date, because of delays in processing anything with the USCIS. My lawyer is sending the renewal request in Sep. 2004, my problem is that: I am moving from Georgia to Virginia in two weeks ( I got an amazing job offer from the same company that I used to work for overseas), my lawyer is sending the papers of change of address, and then in Sep.04 my lawyer is sending the papers for renewing the work permit. What if I don't receive the renewed work permit in time before my current one expires?? Will the company kick me out? Is it legal if you have a proof that you sent the papers for renewing your work permit that the company will keep you until you receive the answer from the USCIS? Can you walk in the Immigration office in Virginia and ask for a temp. work permit after you prove to them that you have been waiting for more than five momnths for the renewal? Did anyone face this before? I have two beutiful kids and I cannot stop working......

Help!!Help!!Help!!

I am here in the US pending my asylum case (based on domestic violence and religion), I got my work permit (after a long delay) in Feb. 2004, it expires Feb. 2005. My lawyer told me that we have to apply for renewing the work permit at least 5 months before the expiry date, because of delays in processing anything with the USCIS. My lawyer is sending the renewal request in Sep. 2004, my problem is that: I am moving from Georgia to Virginia in two weeks ( I got an amazing job offer from the same company that I used to work for overseas), my lawyer is sending the papers of change of address, and then in Sep.04 my lawyer is sending the papers for renewing the work permit. What if I don't receive the renewed work permit in time before my current one expires?? Will the company kick me out? Is it legal if you have a proof that you sent the papers for renewing your work permit that the company will keep you until you receive the answer from the USCIS? Can you walk in the Immigration office in Virginia and ask for a temp. work permit after you prove to them that you have been waiting for more than five momnths for the renewal? Did anyone face this before? I have two beutiful kids and I cannot stop working......

You need to apply for a renewal EAD at least 90 days prior to experation. Your lawyer is right about the delays so filing around 4 months before experation should be sufficient.

If you haven't received a decision yet on the date of experation, ask your employer to write a letter stating that need to be employed. Go with that letter and any receipts to your District Office and you will receive a temporary EAD.
    There is no need to worry.

http://www.immigrate2us.net
    I am not a lawyer nor do I claim to be one so please double-check any information given by me, or anyone else for that matter, with a certified (immigration)lawyer before you take any further steps.