50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: I need some advice in re: Visa R/H2A

I need some help and advice. I am working in a law firm as a paralegal.
    We have a new client who is originally from Mexico. He was hired in Mexico by his current employer and came into the USA with a Visa "R" type H2A (agricultural worker). His visa was issued on 04/17/2007 and will expire on 11/01/2007.
    On August 01, 2007 our client had an accident at work and had surgery in his neck. We are handling his worker's compensation claim and according to his medical provider our client's treatment and physical therapy could take about a year. Our client does not want to stay here illegally. My questions are:
    1. does he need to apply for an extension to stay on the Visa R?
    2. Or, does he need to apply under a different proceeding to be granted permission to stay due to his work-accident and medical treatment? I really appreciate any advice because we want to help this client.
    Thanks!! Javier Espinoza

I need some help and advice. I am working in a law firm as a paralegal.
    We have a new client who is originally from Mexico. He was hired in Mexico by his current employer and came into the USA with a Visa "R" type H2A (agricultural worker). His visa was issued on 04/17/2007 and will expire on 11/01/2007.
    On August 01, 2007 our client had an accident at work and had surgery in his neck. We are handling his worker's compensation claim and according to his medical provider our client's treatment and physical therapy could take about a year. Our client does not want to stay here illegally. My questions are:
    1. does he need to apply for an extension to stay on the Visa R?
    2. Or, does he need to apply under a different proceeding to be granted permission to stay due to his work-accident and medical treatment? I really appreciate any advice because we want to help this client.
    Thanks!! Javier Espinoza

Are you still working on this case? I recently sent some workers back to Mexico and there are L&I providers in Mexico, but you just have to find them. You need to contact your L&I claim manager and they can help you handle the situation. They will most likely get time loss and receive their checks while they are in Mexico