1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hispanics Targeted In Deadly Attacks

http://wjz.com/local/beating.death.2.1873877.html

BALTIMORE (WJZ) -

A list of violent crimes targeting Hispanics is seemingly growing by the week. The police commissioner himself is getting involved publicly.

In the past few weeks, two men have been killed and several others attacked and robbed. The latest was a Latino man in his 50s who was beaten to death with a wooden stake.

Andrea Fujii reports on the Spanish-speaking community's growing fear of hate crimes.

Martin Reyes was murdered in front of his friends' house. Friends say Reyes moved here more than six years ago to work and send money home to Central America, and that they moved to Baltimore because of him. Now that he's been killed, they are even more fearful that Latinos are being targeted.

Baltimore's Hispanic community is shaken by the weekend's brutal murder and robbery of Reyes, 51, a Honduran immigrant.

Laticia Coca says there is much fear of being killed on the streets, just for being Latino.

Her co-worker, Merean Madena, describes it as terror of non-Latinos, specifically blacks, who intimidate.

Two weeks ago, two Hispanic men were shot and robbed by what witnesses say was a 13-year-old girl. One man has died.

Of the five recent attacks, Reyes' murder, which happened on North Kenwood Avenue, is the only one that's being officially called a hate crime. That's because of what the suspect said to police.

Jermaine Holley, 19, faces a first-degree murder charge. In his interview, police say he talked about a hatred toward Mexicans.

Reyes' friends on Kenwood say they're often victims of intimidation. They believe first, it's racism and second, it's money.

According to the FBI, the number of Hispanic victims of hate crime has risen every year from 2003 to 2008, nearly doubling.

"Put more attention on Hispanics. We call the police and the police ignore us many times," said Freddy Morales.

City police saturated the area around Patterson Park, where all of these attacks have happened and where many Hispanics live to find Reyes' suspected killer. There's still a presence this week, but many Hispanics worry about reporting crimes.

"The police department is not here to lock people up or check immigration status. We need the community's help to figure out why this population might be targeted," said Anthony Guglielmi, Baltimore City Police spokesperson.

The NAACP is getting involved in this issue. They will join Hispanic community groups, the police commissioner and the deputy mayor and other city leaders Tuesday to bring attention to the violence targeting Hispanics. The female suspect in the first murder is still out there.

Jermaine Holley--Reyes' accused killer--suffers from schizophrenia, according to his mother. He has a record of drug charges.
    http://www.anbsoft.com/images/usflag_med.jpg

"...I contemplate with sovereign reverence that act of the whole American people which declared that their legislature should 'make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibit

http://wjz.com/local/beating.death.2.1873877.html

BALTIMORE (WJZ) -

A list of violent crimes targeting Hispanics is seemingly growing by the week. The police commissioner himself is getting involved publicly.

In the past few weeks, two men have been killed and several others attacked and robbed. The latest was a Latino man in his 50s who was beaten to death with a wooden stake.

Andrea Fujii reports on the Spanish-speaking community's growing fear of hate crimes.

Martin Reyes was murdered in front of his friends' house. Friends say Reyes moved here more than six years ago to work and send money home to Central America, and that they moved to Baltimore because of him. Now that he's been killed, they are even more fearful that Latinos are being targeted.

Baltimore's Hispanic community is shaken by the weekend's brutal murder and robbery of Reyes, 51, a Honduran immigrant.

Laticia Coca says there is much fear of being killed on the streets, just for being Latino.

Her co-worker, Merean Madena, describes it as terror of non-Latinos, specifically blacks, who intimidate.

Two weeks ago, two Hispanic men were shot and robbed by what witnesses say was a 13-year-old girl. One man has died.

Of the five recent attacks, Reyes' murder, which happened on North Kenwood Avenue, is the only one that's being officially called a hate crime. That's because of what the suspect said to police.

Jermaine Holley, 19, faces a first-degree murder charge. In his interview, police say he talked about a hatred toward Mexicans.

Reyes' friends on Kenwood say they're often victims of intimidation. They believe first, it's racism and second, it's money.

According to the FBI, the number of Hispanic victims of hate crime has risen every year from 2003 to 2008, nearly doubling.

"Put more attention on Hispanics. We call the police and the police ignore us many times," said Freddy Morales.

City police saturated the area around Patterson Park, where all of these attacks have happened and where many Hispanics live to find Reyes' suspected killer. There's still a presence this week, but many Hispanics worry about reporting crimes.

"The police department is not here to lock people up or check immigration status. We need the community's help to figure out why this population might be targeted," said Anthony Guglielmi, Baltimore City Police spokesperson.

The NAACP is getting involved in this issue. They will join Hispanic community groups, the police commissioner and the deputy mayor and other city leaders Tuesday to bring attention to the violence targeting Hispanics. The female suspect in the first murder is still out there.

Jermaine Holley--Reyes' accused killer--suffers from schizophrenia, according to his mother. He has a record of drug charges.

"...I contemplate with sovereign reverence that act of the whole American people which declared that their legislature should 'make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibit

Racist. How dare you criticize black people. They are as much the victim of the racism of Mexicans.
    The real crime is Mexican racist cartoons like Pinguin.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by federale86:
    Racist. How dare you criticize black people. They are as much the victim of the racism of Mexicans.
    The real crime is Mexican racist cartoons like Pinguin. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You idiot, i simply copy-pasted an article.

I guess you think it's fair deal when you do that every day with "Federale's immgrant of the day" posts, but sudennly it hits your nerve when tables are turned.

When you through about accusations of racism, you had better check your self first, or at least read the articles. You are a racist for citicizing black people. Just as you say it is racist to criticize immigrants. Payback be a b.itch.

I will repeat for the moron again: this is a copy-pasted article from news wjz.com website.

Besdies: It's about people who get murdered due to nothing else but Hispanic appearance. Who in particular does it is irrelevant.
    People die because they look like someone whom your belowed Rush Limbaughs and people such as YOU made the target of hate, that's what matters.

You are even bigger moron than i thought you are.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by davdah:
    The murderer admitted he did only because the person was mexican?

Or does the article assume that? If so, based on what beyond sensationalizing the story for ratings sake? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

As a matter of fact the murderer did admit after arrest that he did it precisely because the person was Mexican.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by davdah:
    That's a far cry from specifically hunting for that singular reason. Plus the fact it's the only one of the bunch with even an undertone of alleged nationalist motivation. Let's not forget. A conviction hasn't been reached and police don't reveal details of homicide interviews. This should be filed under media hype, which it plainly is.
    That is strange. Nationalism is now a hate crime. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Now, davdah, you are all of a sudden on the side of strictly confirmed and verified facts and perhaps next will say "this Mexican man didn't die unless the judge reads the verdict confirming it".

Somehow, you are less than willing to be so specifically and strictly fact oriented and sceptical when you talk about hordes of illegals who allegedly flood the Harward University with free scholarships or rampage the streets of San Diego with single desire to commit some atrocious crime.

Hmm... this smells like double standard to me...

These attacks are terrifying, and even more terrifying are their implications.

On a side note, OldE, I love your image.
    Always interested in the H1-B visa, the Eb-5 Visa Program and other Eb5 Investor Visa related issues.

You've given me short shrift. I have far more than two standards. Those need be applied given the circumstance. As with this, one must always assume a slant in the commercial media. You just need to be honest enough to accept the fact it exists and from there reason what's not there as being more the truth. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That makes further discussion of this or any other matter with you totally pointless.

If you admit to have so many standards that you can apply any and arbitrarily at your will then why should i even bother to argue with you about this any further.
    No matter what you say though one thing that diffuses much of outrage is how clearly you state what your position is.

However, all the fun things aside, some things are getting worse and worse and the anti-immigrant rhetoric is beginning to claim it's toll in larger numbers than before and it is getting out of control.

What if i look like an immigrant? Or what if i am an Alaskan Aleut who happens to be walking in Baltimore for one or another legitimate reason?
    Now i may risk death merely walking on the street because some idiot looks at me and thinks i came here barefeet from Mexico and was told by Libaugh that i am prime reason for all the ills he ever had in his life.

All other factors remaining same, with all your triple, quadruple or what not standards, what would you do if it was you who looked like someone people were out to get because some big fat idiot like Limbaugh dedicated 30 years demonizing?