ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: Update on my I-751Interview Reschedule update

For those interested, in brief

Married 1999
    Joint I751 NOA 01-23-03
    Moved to shelter 12-14-04
    USC Spouse abandoned 04-?-04 to another state (and has been located)
    Interview date received for 06-17-04
    Requested a rescheduled date which was on someone's desk I guess because Senators office called stating I was a no show. Faxed documentation of request.
    Senators office has called stating I was put for a reschedule and it will probably be Oct. A message from Immigration to be "forthright" with officer. I have no plans to lie or hide things. He/She will be told as much as they want to hear. I've also got a good friend who knows both myself and spouse for 4yrs and has offered to attend interview with me. Should I take her up on the offer? I'll post more when there's more to post.
    Congrats to all that have successfully achieved their goals & Good luck to those still going down the path.

For those interested, in brief

Married 1999
    Joint I751 NOA 01-23-03
    Moved to shelter 12-14-04
    USC Spouse abandoned 04-?-04 to another state (and has been located)
    Interview date received for 06-17-04
    Requested a rescheduled date which was on someone's desk I guess because Senators office called stating I was a no show. Faxed documentation of request.
    Senators office has called stating I was put for a reschedule and it will probably be Oct. A message from Immigration to be "forthright" with officer. I have no plans to lie or hide things. He/She will be told as much as they want to hear. I've also got a good friend who knows both myself and spouse for 4yrs and has offered to attend interview with me. Should I take her up on the offer? I'll post more when there's more to post.
    Congrats to all that have successfully achieved their goals & Good luck to those still going down the path.

Hi Icroxy

Glad to hear you got the reschedule. In anyway whether your friend goes with you or not to the Immigration building is of no consequence. Have her notarize a statement about your life with husband to include with your 751 waiver when it comes time. She really has no place or purpose to be able to be in your interview. just a lawyer. Now you know that you need to be divorced to file the waiver and I hope that will have happened by October. Now if not.. you will have needed to have had him served with the papers (most important) This will allow you to ask for a continuance when you go into removal proceedings after your joint 751 is denied at the October interview.

Thanks for the reply. No, a divorce is not allowed by state law until Dec. I don't plan to lie of the date of speration to make it earlier. I plan on having him served soon. Thanks again

please keep us posted. You are so brave!

WISH: I am far from brave, trust me LOL

deepbobs: I'm so sorry you are in this position. I am truly unknowledgeable of the topic so unable to assist you. All I can give you for advice is to tell the truth and only the truth. You can email me directly if you wish, but I must warn you all I can do is listen, I have no expertise to offer. BUT, many many here do have alot to offer, Pasha, Swiss, 4Now and others.
    Good luck

If you can tell us your story. There are many in similar situations some as drastic and some even more.

Deepbob

Please start your own thread in order to receive maxiumum reviews and advice from the forum. copy and paste your story to new thread.

Did you apply for spousal support from husband while this divorce is pending? If his wealth is all that you should be able to get support for a short time since divorce has been filed.