50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: J1 from Brasil - Want Tourist visa Help

I am from Brazil and I come here with J1 visa, and I wanna stay here six more months as tourist visa How I can change? Helpe me.
    sa

I am from Brazil and I come here with J1 visa, and I wanna stay here six more months as tourist visa How I can change? Helpe me.
    sa

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by shafiq344:
    I am from Brazil and I come here with J1 visa, and I wanna stay here six more months as tourist visa How I can change? Helpe me. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Hello shafiq344 and welcome to the forum. You will need to file Form I-539 to change your visa from a J to a B visa. As a suggestion, please file the form at least 90 days before your J-1 visa expires or you have completed your studies/researcch/teaching. Hope this helps.

Please click here for the form and instructions to I-539.
    "Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." John Adams on Defense of the boston Massacre

shafiq344, did your J1 visa come with a 2-year home residency requirement?

Someone12
    your summer, work and travel visa is over...ad you told the embassy you would be returning to Brazil, now, it looks like you are just a liar and a visa cheat. You cannot possibly have enough money to be a "tourist" for 6 months...you'd need thousands of dollars...which means, you want to continue working illegally....go home, like you promised....or don't Brazlian promises mean anything????

Thanks Houston its not for me for my friends, she came here on J1 visa and cannot find job because of bad economy she save money save and spent most of the to look job cannot find one now she like to see around usa before she go back.she has a month left b4 her visa expired, if its not she will go back any way.
    sa

Hudson, I was looking for something J1 to turist not B. Please help. Thanks for your coment anyway. Juliana 19 from Brazil.
    sa

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by shafiq344:
    I was looking for something J1 to turist not B. </div></BLOCKQUOTE> B visa is a tourist visa.