50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Need advice or support regarding abuse (immigrants)

I think its about time there is somewhere for an immigrant who has or is being abused in the US to have somewhere they can seek advice and support.

I will be at some point going to get a website of my own and (hopefully with the help of others) and have a place for anyone to speak freely, get advice and give support to one another.

There are many websites that help abused women but not any that just help immigrants who have been abused.

Personally I found it difficult to get advice, help and support from most places because I am a legal immigrant with a Green Card.
    There are different rules for people like me, and its not easy to get the help you need to leave the abuser and there could be problems on the legal front, because divorce courts do not understand immigration law.

I am going to set up in the meantime a private chatroom (blackboard). If anyone wants to join please PM me.
    I would like it to be a safe haven for all abused immigrants, to get advice and have support.

There are enough threads on here about fraud marriages and so forth, so its about time there is something on here for the abused women or men who are immigrants. You will not be insulted or accused of anything, otherwise the person will be banned.

I would have it here but I know someone will come in and bash us.

So please any woman or man (immigrant)who have been abused (whether physically, mentally, financially, socially etc) please PM me and lets help each other, even if its for someone to talk to.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    God Bless America - God Bless Immigrants - God Bless Poor Misguided Souls Too

National Domestic Violence Hotline:
    1.800.799.SAFE (7233) 1.800.787.

I think its about time there is somewhere for an immigrant who has or is being abused in the US to have somewhere they can seek advice and support.

I will be at some point going to get a website of my own and (hopefully with the help of others) and have a place for anyone to speak freely, get advice and give support to one another.

There are many websites that help abused women but not any that just help immigrants who have been abused.

Personally I found it difficult to get advice, help and support from most places because I am a legal immigrant with a Green Card.
    There are different rules for people like me, and its not easy to get the help you need to leave the abuser and there could be problems on the legal front, because divorce courts do not understand immigration law.

I am going to set up in the meantime a private chatroom (blackboard). If anyone wants to join please PM me.
    I would like it to be a safe haven for all abused immigrants, to get advice and have support.

There are enough threads on here about fraud marriages and so forth, so its about time there is something on here for the abused women or men who are immigrants. You will not be insulted or accused of anything, otherwise the person will be banned.

So please any woman or man (immigrant)who have been abused (whether physically, mentally, financially, socially etc) please PM me and lets help each other, even if its for someone to talk to.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I would also like to say that if any non immigrant woman or man who have some knowledge, personally or professionally would like to help and give advice, you are also more then welcome.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Sprint_girl07:

So please any woman or man (immigrant)who have been abused (whether physically, mentally, financially, socially etc) please PM me and lets help each other, even if its for someone to talk to. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
    National Domestic Abuse Web Site or call 1-800-799-SAFE (7233). if you know someone or have been abused, this is your best place for help.

The rules are not different because you are legal, USC, or anything else. There may be financial restraints on certain local organizations because you don't meet the financial needs test, but there is help ,no matter what you have been told. It is a good idea for what you are suggesting.
    "Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." John Adams on Defense of the boston Massacre

Thank you Hudson for that link, it will be helpful.

I am with DVIS and they do help emotionally, but unfortunately a lot of things that I do need I can't get.
    Even shelters are a problem if you have a child that is over their age limit and who is a boy.

Also what could be available in one State, county or city may not be available for others.

The one thing that I really needed apart from financial of course was somewhere for me to go and talk to someone in same situ as me.
    Like my counselor said to me, being from another culture, country does make a difference to an abused person. There are some differences, so meeting someone (immigrant) who has been in something similar really does help, because they can understand a bit better having come from another country too, away from family and all that.

There is a lot of things that I had no idea on either, and is hard to obtain that advice etc
    DVIS do not have the answer, and many other common large organizations. Hence why putting our heads together can help each other.

Hudson, any information that you can pass on too like those links, I would be very grateful.
    There are always people out there who do not have that information.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Sprint_girl07:
    I would also like to say that if any non immigrant woman or man who have some knowledge, personally or professionally would like to help and give advice, you are also more then welcome. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hi Sprint-girl:

Even though I am not a VAWA abusee, my son is and I have gotten to know a reasonable amount about it, most of it from a very good immigration attorney who has a son my son's age and was t--d of at what my wife did to my son.

Thank you Klinus,

Your situation is quite unique. And as you said it is mainly to do with your son's neglect/abuse.

If its ok with you, if someone needs help with child neglect/abuse in similar situation as you, can I put them in touch with you?

Thank you again Klinus

Thank you Klinus,

Your situation is quite unique. And as you said it is mainly to do with your son's neglect/abuse.

If its ok with you, if someone needs help with child neglect/abuse in similar situation as you, can I put them in touch with you?

Thank you again Klinus </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Hi Sprint-girl07:

Sure.; Doubt there are others whose opponents are as cretinous as my situation . Victims of false child abuse, how to retain custody and how important it is to keep your cool,

I could also be of help to others who have been falsely accused of VAWA on suggestions on how to ensure that they come out whole. Also since there going to be those who will show up who are going to want to abuse VAWA, that one result may be smoking wreckage. You get your cake but...

klinus
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Z784ETkZ6k

A normal person would go back home if they were being abused; what an amazing coincidence these people are so abused yet still want to remain in the USA.

STOP FRAUD !!!!