50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
© 1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: Consular Services

Hi! I am the beneficiary of an immigrant visa petition (I-130) Filed by my father , an American citizen living in Florida.
    IĀ“m Cuban, 27 years old, single actually living in Brazil, the NVC has completed its processing of my case and forwarded to the American Consulate in Rio, where has been since December/03, and they havenĀ“t sent any instruction package yet. Recently IĀ“ve got an e-mail from Rio asking me to confirm my address in Brazil, but so far nothing , then an answer came saying that the post has not received the "clearance" yet and that it will take longer than normal due to my place of birth.
    What does this "clearance" means and how long could take?
    My priority date is December/99 . I arrived to this country and made a political refugee application on September/01, the one was refused by the brazilian government on October/03. So I kept myself illegally here cause I knew that my case would be transfered
    To Rio and even when the Brazilian government has denied up my request, I canĀ“t go back to Cuba given the CubanĀ“s regime total disregard for human rights, those who are forced to return are considered enemies of the state and often imprisoned.
    And my question is at this point:
    Could I be process in order to get my immigrant visa, even when IĀ“m illegal on this country I have my police records from Cuba and Brazil clean.
    IĀ“m a little bit concern about this because on the American Consulate web page of Rio are some informations about this ( something like, We are unable to process petitions for beneficiaries, who are not present (or former) citizens or legal residents of Brazil.
    So I guess my concern is more than justified

Hi! I am the beneficiary of an immigrant visa petition (I-130) Filed by my father , an American citizen living in Florida.
    IĀ“m Cuban, 27 years old, single actually living in Brazil, the NVC has completed its processing of my case and forwarded to the American Consulate in Rio, where has been since December/03, and they havenĀ“t sent any instruction package yet. Recently IĀ“ve got an e-mail from Rio asking me to confirm my address in Brazil, but so far nothing , then an answer came saying that the post has not received the "clearance" yet and that it will take longer than normal due to my place of birth.
    What does this "clearance" means and how long could take?
    My priority date is December/99 . I arrived to this country and made a political refugee application on September/01, the one was refused by the brazilian government on October/03. So I kept myself illegally here cause I knew that my case would be transfered
    To Rio and even when the Brazilian government has denied up my request, I canĀ“t go back to Cuba given the CubanĀ“s regime total disregard for human rights, those who are forced to return are considered enemies of the state and often imprisoned.
    And my question is at this point:
    Could I be process in order to get my immigrant visa, even when IĀ“m illegal on this country I have my police records from Cuba and Brazil clean.
    IĀ“m a little bit concern about this because on the American Consulate web page of Rio are some informations about this ( something like, We are unable to process petitions for beneficiaries, who are not present (or former) citizens or legal residents of Brazil.
    So I guess my concern is more than justified

Ramon- The clearances they are talking about are the mandatory security checks required by the Patriot Act and the Enhanced Border Security and Visa Entry Reform Act. Sorry, but as a Cuban, you are officially a terrorist until it is proven otherwise. Oh, and since you get no input in their review, it may take a while. The only good news... as long as you are permanently (even if illegally) in Brazil, the Consulate in Rio should process the case.

Thanks old man, for the advice, i was wondering if every consulate abroad has a diferent way to perform this clearance, because my brother is in havana and they didnt any security check clearance on him, as soon as his case got there,they sent the correspondence for him,he is under 21(an IR).Do you know by any chance how much time this could take? i have been waiting for 4 month now since my case got here