free information!
Copyright
© 1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Living in the US is bad for Hispanics

New research from an Oregon university shows an increase in drug and alcohol use among Hispanics who are considered "acculturated"¯ into American society.

http://news.opb.org/article/study-fi...acculturation/
    OPB News · Study Finds Drug Use Increases With 'Acculturation'

Maybe they should leave ????

AMERICA: LOVE IT OR GET THE H E L L OUT YOU FILTHY SAVAGES !!!!

I'm always amazed at the politically-correct view of the Hispanic family. Hispanic family values are apparently wonderful, and they also apparently love their families so much that...well, by all accounts, Americans of other ethnicities don't love their families at all. This is, of course, absurd...and, often the opposite is the reality.

Hispanics apparently love their children so much that fewer than fifty percent of them, whether legal or illegal, are capable of graduating from high school...and, thus, must remain at home (or close to home) indefinitely. The rest of the American population shows its evident dislike for their children by encouraging them to graduate from high school and go to college...so that they can throw them out of the house as soon as possible.

Hispanics love their families so much that they often force their children to forgo the full opportunities of an American education by dropping out of high school..."to help pay the rent." How often have you heard that? This, of course, simply perpetuates the cycle of poverty. This is especially true when it's considered that the Hispanic population has an out-of-control teen birth rate, most of it unmarried. Soon, the high school dropout is not only helping to pay the rent, but also trying to support numerous children (with the financial assistance of the rest of the American population that selfishly encouraged their kids to go to college (leave home), get a good job and pay taxes).

Furthermore, many Hispanic kids grow up in families with just a passing interest in obeying the law. It starts with illegally living in America, and progresses to using fake identification, to driving without a license to working without authorization...and on and on and on.

Is it any wonder that the report's conclusions are as they are?

Instead of considering whether "living in the U.S. is bad for Hispanics," perhaps the more pertinent question would be: Are Hispanics living in the U.S. bad for America?

I'm sorry, but targeting Hispanics is racist. No, we don't need millions coming here illegally, but our borders are not secure, right? Mexico is doing practically nothing to boost its economy, right? If you, your wife, your kids were starving, what would you do? I'm against illegal immigration, but for God's sake, please take a step back and understand why it's happening. The US of A is allowing it to happen.

When I look into their shopping carts, they are truly frugal people. They buy the bare necessities to get by - and choose healthy food! They're not buying alcohol, cigarettes - just the basics to feed their families. Please lay off. They are people just like us trying to earn a living and provide for their families.

To SunRabidUSA:

I feel sorry for your bitter, pathetic A S S . Whether you like it or not, you'll always live surrounded by hispanics, specially if you stay in Arizona. Perhaps you should go back to that lapdog-of-the-USA "country" you came from. We all would be very grateful if you did that...

After reading ProudUSC's politically-correct tear ****er, I note that he manages to throw around the word "racist." Evidently, he's been reading his talking points from the apologists for illegal aliens: when you don't have an argument, just call those with whom you disagree "racist."

Likewise, I note that Whknapp is also quite adept with the insults...while being unable to counter my position in any substantive way.

Singling out Hispanics is racist, SunDevil. I don't agree with the statistics you provided. It depends on the source of these statistics. Most are not accurate. Being against illegal immigration is not being racist, but picking on the Hispanic community is. There's a difference.

Not important, but I am not a 'he'.

If Hispanics don't care about education, like SunRabidUSA wants us to believe, I don't understand why in Mexico (pop. 100,000,000) more engineers graduate every year than in the US (pop. 300,000,000).

".. The result is a bu mper crop of engineers. Currently, 451,000 Mexican students are enrolled in full-time undergraduate programs, vs. just over 370,000 in the U.S. The Mexican students benefit from high-tech equipment..."

http://www.businessweek.com/magazine...1/b3985070.htm

whknapp,

You do understand the difference between the wealthy and the poor don't you? Wealthy people in any country are educated and Mexico is no different. While I do not subscribe totally to what SunDevil has said there is one aspect he is correct about. I have witnessed it with my own eyes and there have been movies made depicting it (one movie springs to mind "Real Women Have Curves" with America Ferreira, the girl in Ugly Betty, that was on HBO for a long time). Their children may have opportunities for full scholarships that would require them to move far from home and they won't let them take it, going to school means you are not going to work and they need you to work so the little ones can go to school (and even that is because they will get in trouble legally if they don't send the little ones to school). The poor live hand to mouth and can ill-afford to let their children have opportunities that might help improve their overall situation. This myopic view perpetuates the cycle of poverty. I'm also not totally convinced that some of it is not jealousy (I didn't have the opportunity so why should you?). I am, however, willing to give the benefit of the doubt that this is not the major reason.

Proud USC, I was unaware that you can buy hard core alcohol or malt liquor in a grocery store. My understanding is that you can only buy that kind of thing in a bodega (corner store). In any minority community you will find an abundance of bars and liquor stores. Someone must be frequenting them if they are still in business. Let's not pretend that alcoholism doesn't exist in the Hispanic communities. It exists in every community. I understand SunDevil's frustration that recently the "Hispanic family values" has been held up as some kind of virtue to strive for. There are problems created by their belief system as in any other.

Proud USC, I was unaware that you can buy hard core alcohol or malt liquor in a grocery store. My understanding is that you can only buy that kind of thing in a bodega (corner store). In any minority community you will find an abundance of bars and liquor stores. Someone must be frequenting them if they are still in business. Let's not pretend that alcoholism doesn't exist in the Hispanic communities. It exists in every community. I understand SunDevil's frustration that recently the "Hispanic family values" has been held up as some kind of virtue to strive for. There are problems created by their belief system as in any other
    I was referring to beer and wine, not hard core stuff. The point I was trying to make is they appear to be very frugal, not wasting money on things like many USC's (at least where I live). Nobody likes illegal immigration, but throwing remarks around about Hispanics (like SunDevil always does) is racist.