free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I-751 denied waht do I do next?

I am married to a US citizen for more than 4 years. I was waiting for my I-751 to be approved by August this year base on the procesing time for California Service Center, but after a month I called USCIS and the officer could not give me more information about my case and he filed a claim for me.
    Three days ago I letter arrived saying that on august 18th they mail to me a denied notice with further information. I did never received that paper. The only two papers I received were the receipt with the extension of my residence for one year and the fingerprint notice.
    I sent a form g-639 to request a copy of such letter like the officer at the phone told me.
    What should we do next? should I appeal? the officer at the phone told me that I will probably had to apply again starting with the I-130. What is my situation right now? Will I be deported?What about my job?. My husband is going everywhere with me, but Still I am worried about starting everything again, were are tired of this process, it is like being in the air . This is incredible..I can not believe it. They never mail anything regarding supporting documents. we are Shocked!

Thank you for your time.

I am married to a US citizen for more than 4 years. I was waiting for my I-751 to be approved by August this year base on the procesing time for California Service Center, but after a month I called USCIS and the officer could not give me more information about my case and he filed a claim for me.
    Three days ago I letter arrived saying that on august 18th they mail to me a denied notice with further information. I did never received that paper. The only two papers I received were the receipt with the extension of my residence for one year and the fingerprint notice.
    I sent a form g-639 to request a copy of such letter like the officer at the phone told me.
    What should we do next? should I appeal? the officer at the phone told me that I will probably had to apply again starting with the I-130. What is my situation right now? Will I be deported?What about my job?. My husband is going everywhere with me, but Still I am worried about starting everything again, were are tired of this process, it is like being in the air . This is incredible..I can not believe it. They never mail anything regarding supporting documents. we are Shocked!

Thank you for your time.

the officer told you to go ahead and file an i-130? go ahead and call that (officer wanna be) and tell him to go ahead and apply for a job to cut the grass in my backyard . this guy is an idot and dont you ever listen to these guys at the 800# (screwedupmation line) .good thing that idiot didnt tell you to apply for political asylum. ppl always complain about this issue (they never recieve the uscis mail and its bcoz uscis never send their mail (registered,fedex etc...) and you can't appeal it bcoz there is no appeals on i-751 denials. there is motions to reopen so go ahead and go to your local office and ask them about the reason the i-1751 was denied for and if it was denied for (abandonment) or lack of evicence or whatever it is it's not that big problim actually. usually they give 12 weeks to file a motion to reopen and if it passed that timeline you can go ahead and file a brand new i-1751 (not i-130) and you will start all over again but if you still have time to file the motion that would be alot better and faster . try to think of the reason why they deny your application! if it was for lack of evidence try to get more and better evidence this time and refile it again or if you still have time to file the motion go ahaead and file the motion stating the reason of why your i-751 should be approved etc... dont wait for that copy bcoz like i said if they give u the chance to file the motion u have only 12 weeks to do so , go ahead and go to your local office and they should be able to tell you the reason of why your 751 was denied so we can help you more. good luck

no they wont just come over and arrest you and deport you. if they decide to deport you they will send you a letter stating that you have been placed in removal proceeding and you have to show up for your immigration court etc.. and thewn the immigration judge will review your case and remember(the immigration judge is not an idiot officer) he is a wise man and he will not cause hardship to you and your family,he will just try to find out the reason of why your i-751 was denied and he have the authority to adjudicate it at the court etc... but before thinking about all this go ahead and go to your local office and try to see why they deny it first. good luck and let us know

ok i noticed that you mentioned that we never recieved the letter requesting more supporting documents? how do you know if this was about supporting documents or bonafide evidence etc...? have you ever recieved anything like that or your just guessing?

and dont take my word about the 12 weeks ,bcoz sometimes they do and sometimes they dont so the best option is to go there in oerson and find out why they deny it and dont worry they wont detain you or anything .and if your worry just have your husband(the usc) go there to the local office and find out about all this

and one last thing and this is very important,dont you ever think about leaving the country at this stage,never. ur out of status and if you leave you will be dined entery to the country and thats when you will have to file everything from scratch(i-130 etc..) try to get this going as soon as possible to get your status back bcoz you dont want them to place you in removal proceeding .good luck

Thank you so much for your answer, I amfeeling better now after reading your advise. We were asking ourself about the reason why it was denied I the only reason could be luck of evidence, We do nnot own a house, we do not have life insurance, no kids, and my husband hate pictures ( I supossed I have to start to collect them from friends and familly).
    Thank you again.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Chasqui:
    Thank you so much for your answer, I amfeeling better now after reading your advise. We were asking ourself about the reason why it was denied I the only reason could be luck of evidence, We do nnot own a house, we do not have life insurance, no kids, and my husband hate pictures ( I supossed I have to start to collect them from friends and familly).
    Thank you again. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hello and welcome to the forum

What evidences exactly did you send in with the 751 joint application? Please list them here for review.

Also. have you ever changed your address in the time period since you have received your conditional green card?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Chasqui:

Thank you for your time. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It is useless for you to guess why it was denied, you need to know exactly why it was denied.
    If it was an error on part of USCIS you could file for administrative review of denial, though most attorneys advise against it.

If it was lack of evidence then you could submit a new petition with all the supporting evidence, but if it was lack of eidence you should have received the RFE, shouldn't you?

If I were you I would find a really good (i mean not just well versed in law but decent, reliable as a person) attorney, and no matter who tells you what there are such attorneys along with bad ones.

Just do your search, find a good one, don't be foolish or too stiff , spend few hundreds and let it be handled professionally.

But if you consider yourself smart enough to handle it on your own then you don't need anyone telling you how to do it.
    Go google it.

Good luck
    http://www.anbsoft.com/images/usflag_med.jpg

"...I contemplate with sovereign reverence that act of the whole American people which declared that their legislature should 'make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibit