publisher - over
50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: Average number of days from date interview scheduled to the date of actual interview

Hello Folks, I have a burning question.
    My I-485 is still pending. The second anniversary of my marriage is Aug 25. So, I pratically have about 2 months to go to avoid the conditional GC.

Now, my question to you: knowing that I still have not taken the medical examination, how many days I should expect to have between the date I will receive the letter for the interview and the actual date of the interview. I am basically trying to determine if I do not receive any letter until July 25, should I assume that i will go through the 2 years of marriage and avoid the conditional GC ?

Any prompt response will be appreciated.

Cisse.

Hello Folks, I have a burning question.
    My I-485 is still pending. The second anniversary of my marriage is Aug 25. So, I pratically have about 2 months to go to avoid the conditional GC.

Now, my question to you: knowing that I still have not taken the medical examination, how many days I should expect to have between the date I will receive the letter for the interview and the actual date of the interview. I am basically trying to determine if I do not receive any letter until July 25, should I assume that i will go through the 2 years of marriage and avoid the conditional GC ?

Any prompt response will be appreciated.

Cisse.

On average it's between 3 weeks and 2 months from the date you receive a letter for an interview.

Even if you get an interview date before your second wedd anniversary you can always contact them and re-schedule for a later date to avoid a conditional residence.

Thank you Sup.

Has anybody received less than 3 weeks notice? (Assuming that you have not done the medical yet).

Also, do you have to re-take fingerprint after 9 months?

cisse:

Fingerprints are requested to be re-taken after 12 months [1 year].

If you are called for an interview that is set to be before your 2 year wedding aniversary your best solution is to probably re-schedule your interview...

DO NOT RESCHEDULE YOUR INTERVIEW FOR SOMETHING THAT STUPID!!!! If you request a rescheduling and you do not have a VALID request for rescheduling (i.e., someone is sick with medical documentation supporting the reason you cannot attend) you run the risk of your case being denied. Also, rescheduling could (depending on where you live) delay your case for another year or two. Fingerprints are good for 15 months.

Thank you all.

I have not received an appointment letter yet.

I still have about 47 business days left. I hope they dont schedule for an interview during this time.

I wil let you updated as the time goes by.

Cisse.