free information!
Copyright
© 1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: Hi Friends ? on Govt Jobs.

Hi Friends,
    I am a marriage based AOS pending case waiting for my Interview. My question is can I apply for jobs in the US Government like INS/CIA/NSA/IRS/FBI?. Now I know all these agencies look only for USC or at least a GC holder but is there any harm in applying for a job in the government? They won't be mad at me just for applying now would they? Just your comments and opinion needed please. Thank you so much.

Raju

Ps: I have heard that there is a form in INS (don't remember which #) which allows the government to know that I want to become a USC in the future.

Hi Friends,
    I am a marriage based AOS pending case waiting for my Interview. My question is can I apply for jobs in the US Government like INS/CIA/NSA/IRS/FBI?. Now I know all these agencies look only for USC or at least a GC holder but is there any harm in applying for a job in the government? They won't be mad at me just for applying now would they? Just your comments and opinion needed please. Thank you so much.

Raju

Ps: I have heard that there is a form in INS (don't remember which #) which allows the government to know that I want to become a USC in the future.

You can apply to any job you want, but obviously if you don't meet their citizenship eligibility requirements you will not be called for an interview.

If you are a marriage based AOS, you will eventually be a GC holder... therefore, I would look primarily at jobs that allow for applications by GC holders... you are more likely to get those.

But I would assume, depending on the level and the type of the job that you are looking at, that many many jobs with these organizations are available to GC holders.

Good luck!! May you get the job of your dreams...

Don't waste your enegery applying for jobs that only accept US citizens. There are a lot of good jobs, government and otherwise, that don't require citizenship.
    Have a nice day

Hi NYCImmParalegal,
    Thank you so much for your response. Yes you are right if I don't meet their eligibility of course they might not call for an interview but at the same time if they take a look at my resume and IF they are impressed just may be may be they might make an exception I hope so at least that is what I hope for. Thank you as always for your answers sir.

Raju

Hi Spouse
    Thank you so much for your response and encouragement. The reason I want to apply for a government jobs is cause I have always wanted to work for the US Government as you said it. It is my dream. When I came to the US in 98 FBI was on our campus and I spoke to some agents and showed them my resume and they were pretty impressed by it but when I told them I was just a F1 student they were disappointed They even asked me if I at least had a GC cause they told me that they would really love to have someone like me on their team. Anyway that was 98. Once again thank you so much for your response.

Raju

Hi Glühbirne
    Thank you so much for your response. I know it might be a waste to time to apply for Government jobs but at the same time as long as it does not hurt I guess there is no harm to apply I guess. May be they will make or have made exceptions in the past never know. Anyway thank you for your response.

Raju

Don't waste your time or hopes. They *don't* make exceptions.

Wait a few years til you get nat.

-= nav =-

Raju,

Yu might be talking about form G-825. This form is to verify AOS and GC .If you're referring to this form, ignore this message.

Your resume will very likely never be looked at by a human being. Many organizations have you apply on-line or scan resumes into computers(there's software to scan applications for key words). If one should happen to see your resume, it will most likely be someone in HR who will be checking off criteria against a set of rules. (I'm going by my experience with the state of Michigan. My course work didn't fit the stated title exactly, but was the same subject matter. I tried explaining that to the HR person who had no experience with the subject herself--like talking to a wall.)