free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: guide

hi to all
    how do you know if one's case in current?

hi to all
    how do you know if one's case in current?

I think you're asking how to check the status of your case?

Go to the USCIS website and "check case status"

You will need to enter your receipt number on any application you submitted.

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis

no,i have a profile there and there is no need for me to check because they will email me once a decision is made.
    i mean many people's processing times are not current and will be processed after Oct 1st.
    its based on your priority date and stuff.

Oh, sorry. I can't help you with this, I'm sure Aneri will know the answer to this one though.....Aneri?

It all depends on what immigrant petition we are talking about here: family or employment. If it's a family petition, shades of doubt is uncommon because the priority dates are clear-cut and self-explanatory. If employment, well, the priority date of your laborcert/PERM is identical with your I-140, so you be the judge. On June 12, the DOS said it was going to be current in July. But in July, both the DOS and the USCIS declared that all employment-based visas have already been used up until September 30. And that all filings would be rejected beginning July 2, but they (still) don't. Did you file yours or not? Why don't you test the water? Many people do. The next visa fiscal year starts October 1, that's why that date is the talk of the town among intending immigrants through employment.

mine is employment and the PD is 26th Oct.
    my lawyer said USCIS is not processing any date right now but i see other sources that i am current.we filed the i140 and i485 in Jan 18th and i140 is approved and we have done the FP and the medical in Feb and March.what is going on and i dont get the real message from the visa bulletin.
    the lawyer even said there is no way that they can check if our case has been done or not but i see people doing it with a phone number or from other sources.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by fastreplys:
    mine is employment and the PD is 26th Oct.

What year? EB-2 or EB-3?

my lawyer said USCIS is not processing any date right now but i see other sources that i am current.

For sure your priority date was current...

we filed the i140 and i485 in Jan 18th and i140 is approved and we have done the FP and the medical in Feb and March.

... when your I-485 was filed concurrently with the I-140, otherwise, it should have been rejected by the USCIS and you would not have been fingerprinted.

what is going on and i dont get the real message from the visa bulletin.

But at least you ought to be getting "the real message" from your lawyer, that's why you hired one.

the lawyer even said there is no way that they can check if our case has been done or not but i see people doing it with a phone number or from other sources.

It's either your lawyer doesn't want to give you the satisfactory level of information about your case that you paid for or you're not asking her/him the questions. You should be, that's your right. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>