50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Preparing for AOS interview, NEED HELP!!

2 more weeks until the AOS interview. I am getting nervous. In preparing for the interview, BCIS did ask for evidence of living together like utility Bills and stuff. When we got married, I did call up all the utility companies to add my wife's name on to the statement but most of them could not do that. They said that only one name coudl appear on the statement. So now I only ended up having my wife's name on only one utility bill, does that matter?

I also have the lease, car insurance and meidical insurance with my wife's name on them. will these be sufficient??

Also for those that already had AOS interviews, I would like to know if I need to submit sworn statements from friends for the AOS interviews. Does anyone has submitted it for the interviews? If so, does the interviewers checked those letters?

Pls advise!

2 more weeks until the AOS interview. I am getting nervous. In preparing for the interview, BCIS did ask for evidence of living together like utility Bills and stuff. When we got married, I did call up all the utility companies to add my wife's name on to the statement but most of them could not do that. They said that only one name coudl appear on the statement. So now I only ended up having my wife's name on only one utility bill, does that matter?

I also have the lease, car insurance and meidical insurance with my wife's name on them. will these be sufficient??

Also for those that already had AOS interviews, I would like to know if I need to submit sworn statements from friends for the AOS interviews. Does anyone has submitted it for the interviews? If so, does the interviewers checked those letters?

Pls advise!

Hi CleverBei,

Don't have experience with AOS interview but I guess its pretty same like I 751 ... I meant documents / evidences vise ...its not a big deal if you don't have both name on each and every utility bills ... the more u have its better but there is no such mandatory thing...as long as your marriage is bona fide ... just provide them what u got ...and things should be ok...

Check this link out .... http://www.kamya.com/intro/index.html
    Good luck ... Pasha

I have read where it is helpful to show proof that bank account is joint also.

Yeah we have both joint saving and checking accounts. I think it should be a pretty strong evidence.

Good piece of evidence would be insurance (health or life) and taxes.

There is no such thing as minimum evidence. However items that supports that you are together (photos, boarding pass from airlines, taxes, insurance, credit card bills) helps.

ok ...u got to check that link out which i gave and give little bit time and read experiences ...u will get more than u need... here i m giving as example what i m submitting for my I -751...i hope it helps u little bit....

1. photocopy of my green card
    2. copy of our driver's license showing same address
    3. joint federal tax returns for last 2 yrs
    4. copy of marriage certificate, invitation, greeting cards we got from relatives and friends
    5. copy of joint credit card statements (about 20 = total pages 45-50)
    6. copy of joint bank statements (about 20 = total pages > 55 -60)
    7. joint insurance policies for car and health
    8. life insurance showing me beneficiary
    9. picture of marriage, reception ceremony, with friends & family in India and here, from trip to various places like Mauritius, Chicago (we went to a friend's wedding), places in India, bahama on cruise 2 times ...this is included in 21 big A-4 size photo sheets / paper ... its very thick
    10. copies of air tickets, hotel bills and boarding cards, cruise tickets
    11. copy of itinerary for grand Europe tour that we will go in april with confirmed tickets and hotels reservations
    12. 5 notarized letters from friends & family that we are happily married
    13. health insurance showing our both name
    14. health insurance claim
    15. vehicle title showing our name
    16. our social security cards
    17. 401K showing beneficiary
    18. copy of our passports
    19. other mails addressed to both our name ...about > 25

Pasha

Hey buddy this looks too good to be true

If they ask for an interview in your case.. we are just going to hit them on the head.

Good job man.

4now,
    There are some people that would take your comment

"If they ask for an interview in your case.. we are just going to hit them on the head. "

as a threat of unnecessary violence. Please try to limit your threatening remarks.

Pasha,
    It sounds like you've included everything except for ONE thing. Do you all not have his and hers engraved bowling balls or anything similar (matching motorcycle helmets) that without a shadow of a doubt shows that you all are married?

Thanks 4now ...

I have been visiting this board for more than 5 months ... I should at least benefit that much I meant learn that much .... I started collecting stuff ever since I got to know little bit about immigration ....and put in one big folder so I don't have to run for anything at last moment... Otherwise I didn't have any idea when I came on the board .... I read somewhere 2-3 days work and well organized complete application could save you months of waiting and possible delay ... so I thought let me try that strategy here in my case ... there is nothing to lose ....

Oh well if they call me for interview ... I don't know what else should I take there except my wife in addition to those submitted documents .... Guys any idea? so that I can see if I might include that .... Just kidding ... I will surely update you guys what happened with my application ... well still got few days before I mail it ....

Still ....

That was good one .... I don't have that ... I got to work on that .... Any other ideas...

[This message was edited by Pasha Patel on February 26, 2004 at 09:06 AM.]