publisher - over
50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: Went to local INS today - Need to vent!!!

Went to INS today, the San Jose office. Line was long as usual..waited for 2.5 hours to get to INS "employee/official" for my questions. I was so glad it was my turn after hours of standing in line. It was 10:30 am. The INS "employee" waved to signal my turn. I asked him my questions. He answered some of them, which conflicts with what I have heard so far. So I asked "ARE YOU SURE?" I guess I must have hurt his pride, that I doubted his knowledge of the INS regulations that he shouted on top of his voice, humiliating me. Sending me away, since I didn't believe him. I tried defending myself, tried to ease his hurt pride, telling him I didn't mean to doubt him but he was playing the "I'm better than you" act. So I left the place feeling so pissed. Not only have I got conflicting information now, I was also humiliated in front of all fellow immigrants and citizens. Another sad fact: That INS employee and I have the same racial origin

Went to INS today, the San Jose office. Line was long as usual..waited for 2.5 hours to get to INS "employee/official" for my questions. I was so glad it was my turn after hours of standing in line. It was 10:30 am. The INS "employee" waved to signal my turn. I asked him my questions. He answered some of them, which conflicts with what I have heard so far. So I asked "ARE YOU SURE?" I guess I must have hurt his pride, that I doubted his knowledge of the INS regulations that he shouted on top of his voice, humiliating me. Sending me away, since I didn't believe him. I tried defending myself, tried to ease his hurt pride, telling him I didn't mean to doubt him but he was playing the "I'm better than you" act. So I left the place feeling so pissed. Not only have I got conflicting information now, I was also humiliated in front of all fellow immigrants and citizens. Another sad fact: That INS employee and I have the same racial origin

test

Awwwwww, some people need to get a different career that's for sure!

What are your questions? Someone here might know

Hi Marie,

My question was about a pending I-130 application. And since the beneficiary is already here in the US, I would like to apply for an AOS for him. I called INS customer service 800 number, they say for me write a request for the I-130 documents to be transfered over to the local INS before I can do an AOS. But I have also talked to lawyers and consultants saying I could go ahead and apply for an AOS even if I-130 is pending.

The reason why I asked him if he was sure...(I shouln't have questioned him) was due to the conflicting information within INS. Although his answers favored me, I just had to be sure. I actually got sort of the same answers from the discussion board. Anyway, I believe him, got my answers. I am disregarding what INS customer service told me on the phone. But thanks for all your help and advices here. And thanks for listening.

you hear so many different things from different places, u never know who to believe, my husband was told it would take three months for me to be completed in my processing and guess what im still waiting nearly 5 months later and aint heard nothing from them, and i dont feel the need to consult a lawyer because all the paperwork has been done, and they cant expedite it, so i guess i have to wait, but anyway you never know who to believe, and i also believe alot of people in the ins dont have a clue anyway

HI, I had an almost exact experience as you today in Atlanta INS. Line, rude INS people who won't answer your question after you wait hours and hours in line just to get the chance to talk to someone. We had to drive 5 hours to get there, pay for hotel, kennel dogs, take off work and so on all for them to act put out and shove you on your way.

We too keep getting different and conflicting info from INS.

Husband filed I-751 in 2000 to TSC, still no interview 2 years later. Every year we have to go up and have passport stamped for another year, while we wait and wait and wait to hear from them for an interview.

I have heard from others via Immigrations boards like this that 2 years is a long time. But the INS lady said we are concidered "new" 2000 file people are new compared to 1998 people they are still processing. Argh. She couldn't pull our file because get this, they are moving the I-751 files from one room to another and to come back in a few weeks. Like we just live down the block or something. Do they realize we have to drive all that way, take off work, kennel dogs, stand hours in line just to talk to them???

ALso, I have been told you can file for citizenship N400 while your I-751 is still pending. But the lady in Altanta said we coudn't even file until I-751 was approved and that could be years. I too asked if she was sure, and she was rude back.

But the 800 INS cust service line person said you could file both, and even read to me their little description from her computer and it said if I-751 is pending, you can file N400.

Anyone know?

Thanks!

I asked about citizenship when I went to get my paperwork for the removval of conditions and they said that I could file for my citizenship even if I didn't hear back but I think she said that it would be citizenship pending the approval of my removal of conditions.

I seems to remember her saying something to that effect.

I'm sorry to hear that all of you are having a hard time at your INS offices. YOu just all need to move to Oklahoma ; )

The country is fine, but the mess with INS during all this years POISONED my existence here. I've read Franz Kafka. Never thought it could be possible in real life!