50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: Affidevit

USCIS asked for affedivit from who know our marriage for my I 751.

My question is that is affedivit need any special documentation like stamp paper or judicial paper , signature in presence of judge etc. or it should be on plain paper with signature in presence of notary?

USCIS asked for affedivit from who know our marriage for my I 751.

My question is that is affedivit need any special documentation like stamp paper or judicial paper , signature in presence of judge etc. or it should be on plain paper with signature in presence of notary?

My wife and I filed a joint I-751 two or three years ago. USCIS accepted the affidavits that we included as part of the I-751 package, which were basically written statements that were then signed in the presence of a notary public. To the best of my knowledge, there's not a requirement as to a particular kind of paper to be used. Plain paper seems to be OK.

U need couple people (born U.S. Citizens) who can attest about your marriage.

It can be written without anything...

but its being adviced to have it notorized,just to show its honesty and its real.

But remember affadavits have nothing to do,with you personally,the person who does it,is ONLY in charge and obligated to have it notorized and sometimes,rarely,the ones writing the affadavits are even called for an interview.

But rememer,affadavits are only to be written by U.S. citizens...not your own relatives etc

Shakr

Do not listen to HBK advice. it is WRONG!
    Your family and friends are excellent choices. follow instruction #5 on the I-751 form. Status of person is not relevant.

HBK... You made the following completely UNTRUE STATEMENTS

[quote]Posted August 20, 2007 10:44 PM Hide Post
    U need couple people (born U.S. Citizens) who can attest about your marriage.

[quote] But rememer,affadavits are only to be written by U.S. citizens...not your own relatives etc[quote]

This is ridiculous that you come to the board spreading misinformation like this and misleading people. If you do not know the answer to be fact... then dont answer the question Sir.