50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: employment question

Here is my situation. I just got married. My wife is from Bolivia. Right now I am filling out the Affidavit of Support(I-864). And I have an employment question. I work construction in Minnesota. I only work during the warm months in Minnesota and in the winter I get layedoff from my job and recieve unemployment benefits from the government. My income exceeds 125% of the poverty line. And I was looking over the Affidavit of Support(I-864) and in Part 4a. it asks for the Sponsor's Employment. I am employed by a construction company in the warm months of Minnesota, but currently I am unemployed because of the cold and I am receiveing unemployment benefits currently. But, I will return to work again once the weather warms up here in Minnesota. So, should I put that I am Employed or Unemployed in Part 4a? Also, should I include with the papers that I receive unemployment benefits?

Here is my situation. I just got married. My wife is from Bolivia. Right now I am filling out the Affidavit of Support(I-864). And I have an employment question. I work construction in Minnesota. I only work during the warm months in Minnesota and in the winter I get layedoff from my job and recieve unemployment benefits from the government. My income exceeds 125% of the poverty line. And I was looking over the Affidavit of Support(I-864) and in Part 4a. it asks for the Sponsor's Employment. I am employed by a construction company in the warm months of Minnesota, but currently I am unemployed because of the cold and I am receiveing unemployment benefits currently. But, I will return to work again once the weather warms up here in Minnesota. So, should I put that I am Employed or Unemployed in Part 4a? Also, should I include with the papers that I receive unemployment benefits?

You are unemployed - that's why you're collecting "unemployment benefits". You get "rehired" when your employer needs you during the warmer months. You can prove your income on the 864 with your unemployment statement and how long your benefits will last. They don't care from what source you receive your income as long as you can prove you are able to support your spouse. Good luck