50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: Simple Question

I am a USC and will be married in the fall in her home country (Chile). We have not decided which country we will live in and for the time being I will stay here and she will stay there. The question that I have is after reading all the info on the INS site and here also; how does she visit me without getting in trouble? If she enters the US on a tourist visa stating to visit her husband red flags will go up. If she gets a K-3 Visa she will start a process that we have not made a final decision on. We what to make sure that we are not accused of fraud or having a sham marriage. Thanks for the input.

I am a USC and will be married in the fall in her home country (Chile). We have not decided which country we will live in and for the time being I will stay here and she will stay there. The question that I have is after reading all the info on the INS site and here also; how does she visit me without getting in trouble? If she enters the US on a tourist visa stating to visit her husband red flags will go up. If she gets a K-3 Visa she will start a process that we have not made a final decision on. We what to make sure that we are not accused of fraud or having a sham marriage. Thanks for the input.

Why are you guys not going to be living together? I mean, if it's work or studies, why don't you wait and get married when you can be together and decide where you want to live?
    It seems odd that you are going to get married and then live, not only apart but in different countries.

As far as visiting you, I have no idea.

To Guest:I beleive you can start the process as soon as you get married(Change of status)in Chile at the American embassy there.Contact an attorney and try to find out what they suggest.

To Marie:Things like this happen Marie,I have seen people who work or live here (USC or LPR)and then marry from their home country.But then have to wait before their wife comes here,since she still has a few courses to complete.When I ask them why they say its cheaper in the long run to finish the courses abroad and come here(and disruption in education too).But they prefer not to wait on the wedding part.

It's just strange to me. If I had studies to finish, I would wait to get married. I mean, ok so you save time by filing now but marriage to me isn't a practical thing.

I think Guest, you have to figure out where you want to live. I mean, it would be easier if she could have residency here so that you guys can enter and leave without problems when visiting your family for example. I don't know how that would work if you didn't live here though.
    My husband and I want to go live in my home country in a few years but we are waiting, among other things, on my citizenship so that I won't lose my permanent residency. That way I'll have dual citizenship (have to see if Chile does) and I won't have any problems entering either country.

We are not kids, I have a business and so does she, either of us can't just up and move like that. We don't wish to wait, we have a strong relationship that can deal with being apart for a time. It seems to me that the basic problem here is that the US government assumes that everyone in the world wishes to come and stay in the US.

Well they do think people want to live here because they do. A lot of countries like the US, France, the UK, Canada have the same problem. People are seeking a better life than the one they have in their country. There is nothing wrong with that and there is also nothing wrong with those countries trying to do their best so that potential immigrants take the "right" route in.
    I know it makes it difficult on everyone else, that's the way it is.

She could enter on K-3 and travel back on the same visa. You could hold off on filing the AOS for a later date.

When you have a valid reason to show INS, there should not be any issue in proving to them if they happen to raise questions.

It may sound unusual and raise questions during interview. You just have to be prepared to explain it.

You may find the following links helpful:

http://www.isso.cornell.edu/immigration/marryusc.html
    http://www.visapro.com/Green-Card-Fa...US-Citizen.asp
    http://www.visapro.com/K3-Visa/K3-Spouse-Visa.asp

I am still waiting for my interview. They do not send me interview letter yet.
    But two days ago I had big fight with my wife.
    She wanted to spend $300 on dress and I refused to pay for it.
    So, now I worry.
    What if she mess up everything before interview?
    She say she will report that I bought my degree for 100 rupees in Bangladesh.
    This is not true and I don't know where Bangladesh is, but what if someone beleive her?
    You know, some people are crazy, they beleive anything.
    All these years I wait for interview and now this ****

Please, if anyone has similar experience, let me know.
    Patti sent papers almost same time with me and already got interview and approval.
    And many other people I helped to file for , they all passed interviews and all.
    I am still waiting.
    And my wife already say she never wanted to marry me and only did a favor to me so I can get a Green Card.
    She say she thought I am a doctor, so could make good money and buy her everything she wants.
    Now she doesn't need me anymore.

Please, if anyone has similar experience, tell me what should I do?
    Should I wait for interview?
    Or should I start divorce now?

Thank you!

**** ON ME