50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: THANKS

My husband is currently in Mexico ,he has been there almost 2 years he was not barred or anything he has no criminal background, hasn't used any body elses name and paid his taxes for some reason they can't seem to get his file to the NVC do you know of any options ?

My husband is currently in Mexico ,he has been there almost 2 years he was not barred or anything he has no criminal background, hasn't used any body elses name and paid his taxes for some reason they can't seem to get his file to the NVC do you know of any options ?

(When you respond, click on the blue "reply" box at the bottom of the page instead of making a new posting.)

If he has been deported, he is already facing a ban, that's why he can't come back right now.

You have a couple options...
    a)you can refile everything here (with the exception of the I130), you will also need to submit a waiver for the deportation because he is under a ban.
    (OR)
    b)he can file for a perm. immigrant visa there in Mexico- go through Ciudad Juarez. The visa request will be denied because of the deportation and you will need a waiver, but at the interview, he can submit the I601 which will address the deportation. Ciudad Juarez has a new pilot program which was instituted in March of 2007, where they are able to process I601 waivers in most cases within 48 hours, without a CIMT.

I want to refer you to another site which may be helpful:

http://immigrate2us.net/forum/forumd...f=6&order=desc

I understand all of this and he will have to have 2 waivers one for deportation and one for illegal entry back in 1992 and when he is notified for his interview he will have the waivers with him when they deny him access back in. It worries me about refiling the forms because can they deny him if we refile

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by chona74:
    I understand all of this and he will have to have 2 waivers one for deportation and one for illegal entry back in 1992 and when he is notified for his interview he will have the waivers with him when they deny him access back in. It worries me about refiling the forms because can they deny him if we refile </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I didn't see the part about the illegal entry, yes, then he will need 2 waivers.
    Refiling is your only recourse at this point. But like I mentioned, I do not recommend that you refile the I130, I agree, because it was already approved. I stick with my original suggestion of submitting a copy of the approved I130 with your other refiling applications and a brief stating that the I130 is already approved. This will save time, money and the chance that it will not be approved a second time.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mike_2007:
    illegal entry?hmmmmm,,,well thats why the'r giving u a hard time,,and honestly ,,i dont even know how did they proved hes i-130 anyway?but this is for ur own good,,it saves ur time ,,so u wont have to file the i-130 again,,,,good luck,,needhelpfast,,u said cidad juarez they process the i-601 waiver in 2 days?how,,,what do u mean exactly?

Yes Mike, it's the only program of it's kind in the world actually. It's called the "Ciudad Juarez Pilot Program", you can google it to find out more about it. In overview, the program processes 601 waivers that are without significant complications, such as a CIMT, within 48 hours or sooner. You must file for a perm immigrant visa there in Mexico though, be denied the visa and submit the 601 waiver app the same day as your interview. You must be in Mexico and have a family member like a USC spouse or USC child that is suffering significantly because of your being in Mexico. From what I remember about your case, I don't believe you would qualify for this program, but don't quote me on it. Google it and find out more.

i thought the embassy will forward the waivers to the immigration?

Nope, if you qualify for the pilot program, the apps are actually adjucated on site in Juarez.

or the immigration are the one who process the whole thing in 2 days or what exactly?
    Only 601's are processed through the pilot program, after a 485 or perm immigrant visa denial interview. The waiting time is the same up until your interview, just the waiver is processed in 2 days or less, but this is a lot shorter than waiting another year for a 601 decision, as many folks do in other worldwide consulates. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>