50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: will having baby in US while on visitor's visa affect I-130 application?

Hi,
    I am writing because I need some advice as I am somewhat confused about how to proceed. I am from the Caribbean and my mother in law filed the I-130 serveral years ago for my husband and I since then we have had two kids and it has delayed the processing since each time we had to add them to the application. Now we think it is finally about to come through but when I went for the interview which included a medical exam I learned I was pregnant. We do not want to have the application delayed again so I decided to come to America on my visitor's visa to have the baby. I arrived last week and was surprised that I was admitted since I am 7 months pregnant. My question is will having the baby here definitely in the US affect my I-130 application? I know I am already here and don't plan to stay beyond the 6 months I am allowed. I was told that it wouldn't affect anything by a friend but my brother who is in the US legally thinks it will, now I am not so sure. Thank you for legitimate responses and direction.

Hi,
    I am writing because I need some advice as I am somewhat confused about how to proceed. I am from the Caribbean and my mother in law filed the I-130 serveral years ago for my husband and I since then we have had two kids and it has delayed the processing since each time we had to add them to the application. Now we think it is finally about to come through but when I went for the interview which included a medical exam I learned I was pregnant. We do not want to have the application delayed again so I decided to come to America on my visitor's visa to have the baby. I arrived last week and was surprised that I was admitted since I am 7 months pregnant. My question is will having the baby here definitely in the US affect my I-130 application? I know I am already here and don't plan to stay beyond the 6 months I am allowed. I was told that it wouldn't affect anything by a friend but my brother who is in the US legally thinks it will, now I am not so sure. Thank you for legitimate responses and direction.

Hi lps,

Welcome to the ILW.

I don't know what to say regarding your situation, maybe the others can help.
    Do all the good you can, in all the ways you can, as long as ever you can.

--John Wesley

It will not effect in any negative manner. You will need to notify USCIS when you do have the child...possibly at the interview.

Someone12
    and who is paying for the birth of said brat?????

Originally from: Galaxy of Centaurus A (also known as NGC 5128)
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Someone12:
    and who is paying for the birth of said brat????? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You and I, S12, you and I....
    Have all the good s.ex you can, in all the ways you can, for as long as ever you can !

-- Sabuntium The Great

someone 12 seems completely obnoxious. i have been advised by immigration lawyers in NY to do this. i just have been hearing things about how a lot of them aren't as up-to-date with immigration law as they should be so as someone that is about to have permanent residence in sometime i just am trying to avoid jeapordizing my I-130 application by listening to ill advice.

Originally from: Galaxy of Centaurus A (also known as NGC 5128)
    You are in the right place, most of the amateur posters here are more up to date on immigration law than AV rated immigration attorneys!
    Welcome to ilw.com !!!
    Have all the good s.ex you can, in all the ways you can, for as long as ever you can !

-- Sabuntium The Great

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by lps:
    someone 12 seems completely obnoxious. i have been advised by immigration lawyers in NY to do this. i just have been hearing things about how a lot of them aren't as up-to-date with immigration law as they should be so as someone that is about to have permanent residence in sometime i just am trying to avoid jeapordizing my I-130 application by listening to ill advice. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hi lps,

I don't think it will make a difference one way or the other. Just make sure you don't overstay your visa. I think that's the most important thing. Good luck!

LMAO!!!!! 6 Months Max!!!

Poor planning!!! LOL.
    USC and Legal, Honest Immigrant Alike Must Fight Against Those That Deceive and Disrupt A Place Of Desirability! All Are Victims of Fraud, Both USC and Honest Immigrant Alike! The bad can and does make it more difficult for the good! Be careful who y