50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
© 1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: Hola!

This is my first visit here and I expect to use this site a lot. Can anyone tell me what state will allow a legal marriage between an American citizen and a Mexican illegal alien? My boyfriend and I have been together for many months and want to get married. I also would like to know of anyone's experience with a good lawyer towards dealing with U.S. Immigration in getting legal status after a legal marriage. Thank you all for any help! D

This is my first visit here and I expect to use this site a lot. Can anyone tell me what state will allow a legal marriage between an American citizen and a Mexican illegal alien? My boyfriend and I have been together for many months and want to get married. I also would like to know of anyone's experience with a good lawyer towards dealing with U.S. Immigration in getting legal status after a legal marriage. Thank you all for any help! D

Please tell me how they would know if he is illegal or not? Anyways, Nevada does, of course! Also if he is here illegally he cannot adjust status while still in the US. So think carefully before deciding to ge married and wait years for him to become legal.

If your boyfriend is illegal because his I-94 expired and he overstayed here, you could get married and then file papers for adjustment of status. BUt, if your boyfriend didn't go through immigration inspection when he entered the United States you will have to wait for Law I-245 to reopen to adjust your status.

I married my illegal husband in Nevada. It is a good idea to research immigration issues before tying the knot. You should prepare yourself for a long, difficult journey. It will put stress on your marriage. However, do not base your decision on whether or not to get married on "immigration". If you know this man well and know that you want to spend the rest of your life with him through thick and thin, then marry him for that reason. If you have a good strong relationship, than the process will only make it stronger. Make sure that you trust him. If there are any doubts in your mind about him wanting to marry you for a greencard, take care of those issues right now before you start the process. There are a few people on this board who have had to suffer tragic consequences because of the mixture of marriage and immigration.

Personally, I had a good understanding with my husband about immigration when we got married. I wasn't sure of the exact details then, but I knew that he would have to go back to Mexico in order to get legal. I also decided that if things didn't work out, I would move to Mexico with him. You need to have a plan B. If he can't get legal, you have to be willing to move out of the country for him. If you are not willing to do that, than your relationship might not survive the immigration process.

Anyway, don't feel alone. There are many of us. There are thousands of Americans who have found thier better half in someone who doesn't have a visa. LOL When you look at the bigger picture, it's actually funny. So much importance is placed on a stamp in a passport LOL You're marrying the person, not the passport!! If you want to come to immigrate2us.net, you could get more detailed info. I know there are a couple of other woman married to illegals there.
    Have a nice day