free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: the procedures of K3 visa after the administrative processing

I am under administrative processing in K3 visa as my wife is american, I am in these procedures for two years and half, my question is : when they are done with my name check and found no record, what is the next step?
    grant me the visa? or ask for any other interviews ? or what exactly they do?
    and there after getting the visa and travelling there, I know they will ask me again to change the status ( I did that one time before I came here and they denied along with the advance parole) but my question is does it take also years and another name check again to grant the green card. I just need to know the procedures. thank you

I am under administrative processing in K3 visa as my wife is american, I am in these procedures for two years and half, my question is : when they are done with my name check and found no record, what is the next step?
    grant me the visa? or ask for any other interviews ? or what exactly they do?
    and there after getting the visa and travelling there, I know they will ask me again to change the status ( I did that one time before I came here and they denied along with the advance parole) but my question is does it take also years and another name check again to grant the green card. I just need to know the procedures. thank you

Said, what makes you think that "name check" is your problem?

Here and there you mention your past ordeals with the INS/USCIS. We don't know the details, but it sounds you had to live the US. Could it be that USCIS wants to make sure your marriage is not just for the purpose of coming back? That would be called "administrative processing or review" as well.

When everything is cleared, the embassy will contact you. You may or may not have another interview.( how the first one went?)

Aneri,

I think you are complete right about my mixing between them, and thank you for that

but the reason I always mixing between them is the answer I got on the same website here, when I posted a question asking about the meaning of administrative processing and I got some answers telling me that the admin. procssing is the background check and one of the file I got was stating that they are the same.

about the ordeal with INS in USA it happened only when I applied for advance parole (which was a big mistake from my side) cause they claimed overstaying while the fact that I was among the processing (the calculated the time I was already in the procssing) but it is ok now as I already applied with the VD and came back within like month and half of the VD

the other interviews were only for preparing all what they asked me for, like medical report police clearance, fingerprints, and then we waited to the waivers (took 10 month in Greece) and then another inteview to complete all my documetnts, and the last one was for fingerprint ( I realized that they made a mistake) as I did not need another fingrprint but it was a mistake from them, and that was when they said within two month we will be able to grant you the visa and that was on July 16th.

so you mean it is not fbi check, cause I remember someone on this web site told me that it is the same?

was that me?
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by aneri:
    ADMINISTRATIVE REVIEW
    "Administrative Review" refers to a Consular Official placing the case "on hold" because the Visa Petitioner or Beneficiary FAILED TO PASS the security name check or background check, or because the Consulate or State Department or Homeland Security needs to investigate some issue or matter in the case more closely. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

said, that about AP is odd. USCIS issues AP regardless of aplicant's overstay; they just print "don't use it if you overstayed" on it.

Do you have a lawyer?

aneri,

the pdf file which has been sent to me when I asked about the meaning of administrative processing are the PDF files in this web site below.

E:\CV\ImmigrationPortal Forums - My name check Experience.htm

aneri, in fact all my concern about the time, I mean it does not matter to me if it is name check or background check or whatever, I never been with any problem while I was there, I even sent them police clearance from the place I lived in there, but I just care about the coming time as my wife and I are apart for three years.

I hear about the GC interview, and the name check so my question is : in K3 visa, what do we do after that administrative processing, does they grant us the visa and then we change the status when we go there? I have lack of information about the coming procedures

so I appreciate your patience in explaining the coming proedures after they finish the admin. processing?

no I do not have a lawyer right now,
    I mean the lawyer was the one who got me the VD and through her my wife petioned for I 129 and I 130, but now I do not have a lawyer.
    and thought that I would not need one till I come back cause I have nothing to be filed right now. jut waiting period from us, what do you think?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by said:
    I hear about the GC interview, and the name check so my question is : in K3 visa, what do we do after that administrative processing, does they grant us the visa and then we change the status when we go there? I have lack of information about the coming procedures
    </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yes, K3 is non-immigrant visa and you have to apply for adjustment of status in the US (I-485) after arrival and I-130 approval. This will give you an idea:
    http://www.visajourney.com/forums/in...om&page=guides
    http://www.visajourney.com/forums/in...m&page=k1k3aos

Has your I-130 been approved? If yes, or that happens before you receive K3 visa, ask the consulate to switch to CR/IR-1 visa. That's an immigrant visa, and you'll be immediately granted permanent residency upon entry. No AOS!

aneri

i will read the two links you sent right now, but I saw that it is very important to thank you first, you are always of much of help.

thank you and I will read them now

aneri

regarding CR-CR-1 visa, I like that part but regarding I 130 no one told me that it is approved, the only time I knew it is approved when the DHS in Greece Athens sent me an email saying:

I'll fax them the approval letter as proof that the case was approved, with a copy of the approved I-130 petition.

that was in 2006 when the embassy here claimed that they have not received my waivers approval, although the DHS in Athens sent me a mailing letter and another one to my wife in USA at the same day.
    I thought the pouch mail between two embassies will be faster than us but it took one month from the embassy to notify me they received it.

so how can I get a copy of this approval?
    (I have copy of the I 129F approval and the waivers approval)