free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: prior misdeminior + now felony

Hello;

I know i'm pretty much screwed but i figured i'd post to see if there's any hope.

I'm 22 years old. Moved to the US when i was 8 years old. Graduated High school, college and i don't even speak the language of my country. WHen i was 18 i was convicted of a misdeminior (theft by deception). Was sentenced to 5 days community service.

I have a Drivers License, Social Security Card (not valid for work) and my visa expired more than 10 years ago. I have no family here in the US since my mother went back to US and she is my only family.

Here's the kicker. I was arrested a few weeks ago with "CONSPIRACY" by being a member of a website that dealt with credit card fraud. I'm a idiot i know. It's a felony!

I'm engaged to be married next month to my high school sweetheart. We've been together for 6 years.

I HAVEN"T BEEN CONVICTED YET since i haven't even been to court yet. But am i screwed of ever getting a green card or even residency? For some reason i've been lucky with them not deporting me ( both when i was arrested and convicted of the misdeminior and when i was arrested for the felony ).

If i get married to my fiance, i wont have a chance to live in the US will i? If i have to leave the country i'll leave since i've saved a lot of money and i can work in any country...

ANY HELP? any lawyers you can recommend?

Hello;

I know i'm pretty much screwed but i figured i'd post to see if there's any hope.

I'm 22 years old. Moved to the US when i was 8 years old. Graduated High school, college and i don't even speak the language of my country. WHen i was 18 i was convicted of a misdeminior (theft by deception). Was sentenced to 5 days community service.

I have a Drivers License, Social Security Card (not valid for work) and my visa expired more than 10 years ago. I have no family here in the US since my mother went back to US and she is my only family.

Here's the kicker. I was arrested a few weeks ago with "CONSPIRACY" by being a member of a website that dealt with credit card fraud. I'm a idiot i know. It's a felony!

I'm engaged to be married next month to my high school sweetheart. We've been together for 6 years.

I HAVEN"T BEEN CONVICTED YET since i haven't even been to court yet. But am i screwed of ever getting a green card or even residency? For some reason i've been lucky with them not deporting me ( both when i was arrested and convicted of the misdeminior and when i was arrested for the felony ).

If i get married to my fiance, i wont have a chance to live in the US will i? If i have to leave the country i'll leave since i've saved a lot of money and i can work in any country...

ANY HELP? any lawyers you can recommend?

And yes i KNOW... I"m a idiot and all illegal aliens should be deported. Believe me... i'm kicking myself to sleep every night. I know i probably screwed my US life with bad decisions. I've been living by myself since 15 and being illegal doesn't help. This was my biggest lesson in life

Yeah, sounds pretty bad. If you leave the country before your sentenced there will be a warrant on you and if you try to apply for any immigration benefits they'll get you. After you serve your sentence most likely the CIS will pick you up where you served and deport you. You won't be a free man even for a day. In the CIS lingo any felony is an aggravated felony. You'd need to check with a lawyer if there's a waiver for the case like yours. Every case is different. It's hard to judge without all the details.

A bit of a late advise, first become a USC and then rip other people's credit cards.

Cheers.