50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: Emergency Help!!!

Hi, New to the board was searching for ways of finding help with immigration. Hopefully I can get some advice about what to do with my situation. I met a guy from south korea on the internet 3 years ago. We became very good friends and in march of 04 he came to the USA on a student visa. He just happened to be going to a school less than 20 miles away from me and we met and started dating. We ended up concieving a child. When I was just 3 months pregnant he went back to South Korea. Our baby is now 5 months old and was diagnosed with a form of Lukemia. I have asked about getting a Fiance visa and it takes too long, is there ANY possible way to get my child's father here QUICKLY as he may never meet his son if he has to wait 4 months. This form of lukemia is terminal and my son was not given long to live. The father has told me that he wants to be with me and the baby for as long as he can. Please any advice would greatly be appriciated. Thx and God Bless~

Hi, New to the board was searching for ways of finding help with immigration. Hopefully I can get some advice about what to do with my situation. I met a guy from south korea on the internet 3 years ago. We became very good friends and in march of 04 he came to the USA on a student visa. He just happened to be going to a school less than 20 miles away from me and we met and started dating. We ended up concieving a child. When I was just 3 months pregnant he went back to South Korea. Our baby is now 5 months old and was diagnosed with a form of Lukemia. I have asked about getting a Fiance visa and it takes too long, is there ANY possible way to get my child's father here QUICKLY as he may never meet his son if he has to wait 4 months. This form of lukemia is terminal and my son was not given long to live. The father has told me that he wants to be with me and the baby for as long as he can. Please any advice would greatly be appriciated. Thx and God Bless~

Sorry to hear about the child. Is a tourist visa any quicker?
    The above is simply an opinion. Your mileage may vary. For immigration issues, please consult an immigration attorney.

No, The father told me that he would need substantial assets in order to get that kind of visa, meaning: about 30k in the bank, a long term job of a year or more (wich he just finished school in april so he dont have) to prove that he WILL go back to korea WICH we dont want him to! We have decided that if we can get him here then he will remain with me to get married. We have tried to find employers who sponsor forieners over, we heard that it was fast. He put over 50 applications in online but no one contacted him. So we dont know what to do. We are both in hardship situations, me rasing 2 children, one with a serious illness and a 3 year old, and he is makes hardly any money, what he does make he sends to me (about 600 a month). So we are unsure of igzactly what to do.

Would you be able to go there for a brief visit to marry and then he could pursue a K3? (It would be worth asking the consulate how the processing times differ between a K1 and a K3)
    http://usembassy.state.gov/seoul/wwwh2570.html
    The above is simply an opinion. Your mileage may vary. For immigration issues, please consult an immigration attorney.

Well, we could if we had the money but we would only be able to come up with enough for a plane ticket for ONE OF US...that is our biggest problem is money...im a single parent and he is just a programmer making barley enough to live. So it sounds like a good idea but isnt feasable for me to pay 1200 dollar over, and then 2400 back, i live on just the money he sends me because taking care of our baby is a FULL time job and I am unable to trust a baby sitter with him if i worked. He is too fragile and i'd be a nervous wreck all day. Thank you for the link though I will give it to him to look at. Maybe he would be able to figure out something.

Hi,

it may be worth looking into the humanitarian parole for the father.

"Humanitarian Parole. This may be an appropriate option if there is
    1) a reason why a person is unable to obtain a visa;
    2) there are medically emergent or humanitarian circumstances which justify permitting the individual to enter the U.S."

I don't know much about humanitarian parole. With the case like yours, you may want to involve your senator, to help speed up the processing ... The father will be paroled into the US for limited time, and I don't know if he will be able to stay and adjust status after that..

http://uscis.gov/graphics/services/humanparole/

Ok I will try and figure out something. Thanks for all your help you have showed me a couple of possible ways it can be done.