free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Priority date current, havent heard from USCIS what to do

My mother is LPR she file I-130 F2A(Immigrat Petition for Relative,Fiance or Orphan) for me and my father Nov2001 petition got approved March2005... My father got Interviewed Jan2006, he recieve his VISA feb2006 .... but still I havent recieve any letter for the Embassy, i ask some people if it is normal some say yes, that i should just wait, others say its not, that i should also recieve some mail by now since my case is current, i was worried that my age would affect my petition, and that was the reason why i havent recieve any letter.

what will i do.

thanks

mariko

My mother is LPR she file I-130 F2A(Immigrat Petition for Relative,Fiance or Orphan) for me and my father Nov2001 petition got approved March2005... My father got Interviewed Jan2006, he recieve his VISA feb2006 .... but still I havent recieve any letter for the Embassy, i ask some people if it is normal some say yes, that i should just wait, others say its not, that i should also recieve some mail by now since my case is current, i was worried that my age would affect my petition, and that was the reason why i havent recieve any letter.

what will i do.

thanks

mariko

Mariko,
    You need list your age, priority date on approval notice before people can answer your questions.

If you are still under 21 years old, you should contact U.S. embassy in your country or have your mom to contact the National Visa Center in the U.S. to proceed your immigration visa. you may be eligible for derivative status as well. I think the form is I-824.

If you are already over 21, your situation is complex. you have to find out whether you are eligible for Children age-out protect. Othterwise, you have to wail for a few years under F2B category or wait your mom to become USC citizen so that you can upgrade your case to F1 category.

If you are from Philippines, you mom should keep LPR status because F1 preference for Philippines takes many years to be current.

Good luck

Hi Familybased that's a good answer to that problem.I am wondering if your relative have got their visa for I can remember you used to check family visa priority date.Oh I posted an answer on another thread on ilw here and called Family first f1 and was told f1 is student visa I can't remember which thread for I wanted to replied that my in-laws appointment letter have the visa category as f1 as their mother (US citizen)sponsered her four unmarried children.I still have seven weeks more to wait for my PD to be current.

Sunita,

My brother's priority date just turned out to be current in March visa bulletin. I guess in the next couple of months he will receive something from the U.S. embassy.
    F1 is student visa

When I use F1, I mean Family based preference category.

You should be here soon. Year 2006 should be a good year for you and your family members

Hi familybased thanks for explaining about f1 and I hope your brother PD is earlier than the date on the bulletin other-wise you have to wait for another date to advance.Please post whenever your brother recieve his interview package from consular.I certainly hope we got through this year also how do you think the dates will move in the comming months my prediction is one week to two weeks do you think I am right?

Sunita,

My brother's PD is current now. Surely I will post his progress if he receives anything from the U.S. consulate.

I did not expect that all family categories except F4 took sharp turn right after the New Year. I would say that F2A, F2B and F3 could continue move 2-4 weeks each month, but F1 would show standby for a while because of F2B case upgrades and 245i sunset.

Good luck.

Familybased, can I ask you a question? Just recently I got my Citizenchip and my kids over 21 unmarried F2B case, going to be upgrated to F1 and you are saying, that F2B cases going forward and will be in future, but F1 cases will slow or stanby. So, what is the future if I upgrate to F1, thats 2001 going upward, or staying in F2B case? What should I do wait or upgrate to F1? And what about 245i, do you think is coming?

Nina,
    Since you are USC now. therefore you have no other choice but notify USCIS to upgrade. F2B is only for LPR.

Personally, I still think F1 overall is much faster than F2B if you filed a petition after year 2000.

I do not think 245i stands a tiny chance to come back, but some type of guest worker program may pass in Cogress in the next few months. Some people might be able to take advantage of this relief so that they can avoid 3/10 year ban through consulate process. You have to wait and see.

Sunita,
    My brother received his package 4 interview letter. It is much faster than I expected. His interview will be on March 10th which is 10 days after his priority become current.

Hey congratulations that's great news I am so happy for you and your brother.In my country you have to wait within the year that your case becomes current and when you call they say they don't have dates available dates to schedule an appointment.I guess your brother is in India.well I hope vivek take note he may have his siter for the summer as well.