50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: change of status of application - pls help

Hi! I have filed a petition for my wife (I130) years ago when I was still a permanent resident and it's still in pending status. I was naturalized a few days ago and I was wondering what I should do to have status of my petition changed or upgraded. I have been asking some of my friends but they don't really know/remember the process. I was wondering too if changing/upgrading the status would help get my wife here in the US faster ... thanks a lot in advance

Hi! I have filed a petition for my wife (I130) years ago when I was still a permanent resident and it's still in pending status. I was naturalized a few days ago and I was wondering what I should do to have status of my petition changed or upgraded. I have been asking some of my friends but they don't really know/remember the process. I was wondering too if changing/upgrading the status would help get my wife here in the US faster ... thanks a lot in advance

File for her K3 nonimmigrant status using Form I-129F with a copy of your Form I-130 approval/receipt notice and a short statement that you have recently get naturalized. She could come here in a matter of months and she would apply for adjustment of status to gain permanent residency. At that stage you're welcome to visit us here again for the details.

Upgrading a Petition - If You Were an LPR and Now are an American Citizen

If you filed a petition for your spouse when you were a lawful permanent resident (LPR), and now you are an U.S. citizen, you must upgrade the petition from family second preference (F2) to immediate relative (IR). You can do this by sending proof of your citizenship to the National Visa Center (NVC). To prove that you are a U.S. citizen, you can send:

- A copy of the biodata page of your U.S. passport; or
    - A copy of your certificate of naturalization

http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigra...html#Upgrading