Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: please help!!!

Posted 08-12-2008 09:43 PM Hide Post
    i am from trinidad and my family lives in florida we applied in 2000 october and they have now reached june 2000 but we would like to have our wedding apr of 2009 and i will also be turning 21 june 2009 if i go ahead and marry him will i be able to get my papers we are in the 3rd in the processing time family do you think i should get married or the papers will come through before that

i am from trinidad and my family lives in florida we applied in 2000 october and they have now reached june 2000 but we would like to have our wedding apr of 2009 and i will also be turning 21 june 2009 if i go ahead and marry him will i be able to get my papers we are in the 3rd in the processing time family do you think i should get married or the papers will come through before that

Someone12
    what a coherent response....does anyone have any idea what this moron is babbling about?? (other than he is a visa cheat)...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Someone12:
    what a coherent response....does anyone have any idea what this moron is babbling about?? (other than he is a visa cheat)... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I didn't understand this post either. I guess he or she needs to come back with more info.

I understand it as:

Family have petitioned them. Presently they are dealing with June 2000 applicants.

In June she wants to get married and she will also be turning 21.

So it would be either child 21 unmarried or married.

She wants to know if its likely that the application/GC will come through before she intends to get married or should she wait basically.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    God Bless America - God Bless Immigrants - God Bless Poor Misguided Souls Too

National Domestic Violence Hotline:
    1.800.799.SAFE (7233) 1.800.787.

smithcy, your fiance, is he a USC?
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">A few more questions, okay? Did you enter the USA with a valid visa and is your prospective husband a USC? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's why I asked these questions in another thread. I think the number one question is how he came to the USA.

Ahh..confusion lol

Link to other thread Other thread by OP

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by smithcy:
    i am from trinidad and my family lives in florida we applied in 2000 october and they have now reached june 2000 but we would like to have our wedding apr of 2009 and i will also be turning 21 june 2009 if i go ahead and marry him will i be able to get my papers we are in the 3rd in the processing time family do you think i should get married or the papers will come through before that </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Family 3 is "Married sons and daughters of USC", which would imply that one of your parent is being sponsored and the other and you are derivate beneficiaries. You can get benefits from that petition as long as you are under 21 (according to USCIS, maybe even after June 2009 (depends on when I-130 was approved)) and/or not married.

Assuming that's the background, NO - if you get married before Adjusting status, you wan't be able to get your papers based on that Oct 2000 petition.

If your future husband is US citizen, he can petition for you after the marriage.

If he is not, I suggest you wait and see what happens with the petition for your parent. There is no way to tell when they will reach October 2000. It may be next month, it may be in a year from now.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Someone12:
    what a coherent response....does anyone have any idea what this moron is babbling about?? (other than he is a visa cheat)... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

well you big *** i guess you are to dumb to understand what i am saying but power member sprint_girl o7 got it once again this shows how women are more understanding and intelligent than you men