50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-2014
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: Form N-652 "Naturalization Interview results"

I had my interview today also. After waiting so long for a simple military naturalization which most get it done within 6 months. I knew it was too good to be true to receive an interview notice in the first place.

After the pathetic exam, I got a N-652 with a check next to B): A decision cannot yet be made about your application.

The interviewer explained that a security/background check was pending, she was also expecting another file from national records and since I requested a name change, a federal judge needs to be present, and the first such ceremony is on 9/11/2006. I guess the security check takes quite a long time if you are not lucky. Yet again, I got tangled with another background check and this time I don't know how long I will have to wait. I just gave up on this thing. There is no point to keep hopes up high with the immigration business. I am "beyond" the words "I am sick of waiting."

What a joke. I am ready to go catch a bullet within 11 months in the sandbox, they are busy (NOT!) on getting a background check done. One strict thing on my will before I leave for Iraq is going to be that I, under no circumstance, will ACCEPT posthumous citizenship from this country!

I had my interview today also. After waiting so long for a simple military naturalization which most get it done within 6 months. I knew it was too good to be true to receive an interview notice in the first place.

After the pathetic exam, I got a N-652 with a check next to B): A decision cannot yet be made about your application.

The interviewer explained that a security/background check was pending, she was also expecting another file from national records and since I requested a name change, a federal judge needs to be present, and the first such ceremony is on 9/11/2006. I guess the security check takes quite a long time if you are not lucky. Yet again, I got tangled with another background check and this time I don't know how long I will have to wait. I just gave up on this thing. There is no point to keep hopes up high with the immigration business. I am "beyond" the words "I am sick of waiting."

What a joke. I am ready to go catch a bullet within 11 months in the sandbox, they are busy (NOT!) on getting a background check done. One strict thing on my will before I leave for Iraq is going to be that I, under no circumstance, will ACCEPT posthumous citizenship from this country!
    SEMPER VIPER / Army Strong!

Have similar situation. I've been waiting for a little over 4 months now after the interview, planning to request a hearing from an immigration judge. You can get more details from my thread 'N400 NOA'. Good luck!

I had my interview on 6.16.06 but for a I-485 same thing, they said I was approved but need to wait for the approval letter through the mail because my background check has not come back. I guess they really are backed up.
    Aprilmore28

Bushmaster well come back, Now you are leaving for Iraq, wish you all the best in Iraq, and will see you on this board again.

edgrapes: case should have completed by now it has been long since he had file for his N-400.
    background check only takes few days, if worst comes to worst not more then one month.
    USCIS had no system, and they do not follow the rules and proper regulations. How our Embassies and Consulate works out on proper timeing.

FSN,

Not sure where you got the info about 'background check only takes few days, if worst comes to worst not more then one month'.

Background check minimum can be 1 week to 1 year. Since 9/11 FBI instated the famous name check which is what is holding a lot of N-400 as well a I-485 decisions. As per the local congressman bureau, it can take anywhere from 1 month to 2 years.

Of couse USCIS guarantees that 99% of the cases are solved within 120 days which is pure BS. At least 50% of people who applied for nat are still waiting after 4 months with no answer. Try calling USCIS or even visit the local office, they willtell you they don't know and your case is pending.

It borders the ridicule when a name check takes more than 4 months.

This is what I understand:
    The applicant, whoever he/she is, either is threat to society and criminal or else is innocent and deserves to get the benefit applied for.
    I think no one would dispute and disagree with it.

However, what I don't understand is this:

If one is criminal then WHY allow criminal walk freely for years and get renewals of EAD, TD, DL and etc. until someone finally takes time to look into whatever records/data is there to confirm it?

And if one isn't criminal then why make innocent person wait for years for benefit one deserved in the first place?

Where is the logic?

No logic...

Logical thing to do is to trap USCIS with their own law and demand a result in 120 days by the district court. Seen some good testimonies on Immigration Portal. They say, as soon as the US Attorney is served with the lawsuit, they ask you to dismiss it immediately and clear your name check. It has become the procedure at some locations. Therefore CIS had sent out a memo to District Director NOT TO SEND interview notices because they then will have only 120 days to finish the case and it is an open door for the federal judge to take jurisdiction of the case. This is just covering their own a s s e s, nothing more!!! It doesn't resolve anything.

In my case, they made the mistake of serving me that interview letter and I passed. 120 days, no result, I am going to have some heavy brass officer give a call to the US Attorney. legal office will do something about it.
    SEMPER VIPER / Army Strong!

Go Army , brother !

Wish you speedy Naturalization and Good Luck !

IE

Hey, same situation here; no decision cannot yet be made at the interview on june 29th of 2006.

Has anybody receieved anything after or before 120 days? Please update us

Thx