50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Got my Notice of Action today from Missouri regarding my I 485- NYC applicant

hi everyone,

just let you guys know what going on and please advice, share your case info.

Applied AOS based on marriage to a US citizen. Sent my i 485 package to NYC Federal plaza in March 2003. Got my EAD in Aug 15 of 2003 by going to Federal plaza 90 days after i got my receipt.

Got my NOA today from National benefit center Missouri . Apparently, they do things differently now so i need your advice as to what to expect.

Here is what on the NOA i received today

It got my receipt numer ...(very useful to keep track of my case)

Case type : i -485 application to register permanent residence or to adjust status.

Received date : march 19,2003
    priority date : march 19,2003

ASC code : 3 (what is that?)

Fingerprint and biometrics

Call NCSC to schedule your appointment.

===================================

When do i expect to have my interview? i know that before, when you do your fingerprint, you would have your interview 6 months after that...

hi everyone,

just let you guys know what going on and please advice, share your case info.

Applied AOS based on marriage to a US citizen. Sent my i 485 package to NYC Federal plaza in March 2003. Got my EAD in Aug 15 of 2003 by going to Federal plaza 90 days after i got my receipt.

Got my NOA today from National benefit center Missouri . Apparently, they do things differently now so i need your advice as to what to expect.

Here is what on the NOA i received today

It got my receipt numer ...(very useful to keep track of my case)

Case type : i -485 application to register permanent residence or to adjust status.

Received date : march 19,2003
    priority date : march 19,2003

ASC code : 3 (what is that?)

Fingerprint and biometrics

Call NCSC to schedule your appointment.

===================================

When do i expect to have my interview? i know that before, when you do your fingerprint, you would have your interview 6 months after that...

Andy,

Congratulations, it seems your case is moving forward. Like you, I field my AOS in NYC in July 2, 2003 and received my EAD in November 16. Missouri send me a letter in mid September in order to schedule my fingerprints and biometrics. That is when I realized they had taken care of my case.

Let me know what they tell you when you call for the OAS appointment. What date they give you. It will be a great reference for my case (I filed just few months after you did).

Good luck.

New York goes through Vermont Service Center right? so as Boston right? so the AOS processing time should be the same.

It looks like it's taking 6-8 months to get an interview, and about 100 days to get an EAD from the day you mail them the package.

cayita,

Seems like they do things fater now because you sent in your AOS after me and got your Missouri letter before me. Did you take your fingerprint yet? How long it take to get your appointment?

look like your case is moving ahead of mine

Hey Andy,

Did your receipt notice for EAD say it will take between 60 - 180 days for them to make a decision on your case and if it did, then it would be ok for a person to go in after 90 days and request an interim EAD? Also from NY and got receipt from Missouri.

Andy, BTW, ASC code 3 refers to the I-485 form and code 2 refers to the EAD application.

Even though if they say 60-180 days to make a decision, you can obtain your EAD in 90 days from the date of receipt?

gabbygirl,

I guess they start doing it from missouri recently because people sending applications after me get they Missouri notice before me.

I didn't get anything regarding EAD from missouri or Nyc federal plaza...All i got is a yellow receipt from NYC plaza that they got my application. And 90 from that receipt date, you can bring that receipt with you to get an interim EAD from federal plaza.

Search for post in this forum under my name and you will see how i went about it.

i'll go to an Application service center near my house this monday to schedule a fingerprint.

Anyone passed this point please let me know what the next step and what is the wait. I heard that usually they sent you an appointment for fingerprint and AOS interview at the same time. AOS interview is like 6 months after that. Hope i got my interview this year.

yes, i got my first EAD by sleeping in front of Federal plaza that night before (literally).
    They do EAD for the first 100 people or some everyday for those who got the yellow receipt that have passed 90 days.

Again, they may do things differently now. Please share if anyone have passed this point