Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LPR and I130

Hi there,

I have some questions to post on the board which I expect your helps.
    1. I (LPR) submitted an I130 in July 2006 to Laguna Niguel to petition my minor child (13), I want to ask if any body know where the application was/is being process so that I can check the current processing date?
    2. I (LPR) have a family at oversea (parents, brothers, and an aunt.) I want to petition them to come over to the US, but I don't whether I should petition right now or wait until I become USC which is about 2.5 more years.

Please give me some advices.

Your help is much appreciated.

Hi there,

I have some questions to post on the board which I expect your helps.
    1. I (LPR) submitted an I130 in July 2006 to Laguna Niguel to petition my minor child (13), I want to ask if any body know where the application was/is being process so that I can check the current processing date?
    2. I (LPR) have a family at oversea (parents, brothers, and an aunt.) I want to petition them to come over to the US, but I don't whether I should petition right now or wait until I become USC which is about 2.5 more years.

Please give me some advices.

Your help is much appreciated.

1)Please be patient. You have just filed a petition for your minor child. In due course you will receive a receipt notice from the service centre where you filed the petition with a priority date on it. Then you can check the processing times.
    2) You can file petitions for your immediate realitives right now and when you become a US citizen then you can apply for an upgrade.

For processing dates:
    https://egov.immigration.gov/cris/js...ter=California

2. LPR can't petition for parents and/or siblings. You'll have to wait to become USC.

Neither LPR nor USC can petition for aunt.

How about grandparents?
    Can LPR petition for grandparents?

Thank you Young Man, but I file in July last year and I already got the notice of receipt. However, it does not contain the priority date -- it's blank.

I file it in Laguna Niguel. Now I just want to know where the application is at so that I can check the processing time at the right processing center.

Do you know????

You are welcome!

you must be having a receipt number on the notice of receipt. So go to http://uscis.gov and click on "online status" input your receipt number there and you will find the details about your case.

Hey, young man,

I have the receipt number. I checked the status. But the words stay the same. Therefore, I would just like to make sure where the file is being process. Whether Cal Service Ctr or Nebraska or...

Is there any way to find out?

I think you haven't checked "online status" you might have checked "processing dates" instead. Because when you check "online status" it does explain every thing about your case including where it is being processed.Try again good luck.

I have a interesting question about the LPR to USC process upgrade.

For I-130 on "Unmarried son or dauther over 21" category, processing dates are Jan 2003 for USC and Jan 2005 for LPR. Thus, USC are waiting for LONGER !

My mother, who was a LPR, now is a USC. We realized that upgrading the process shall make it take longer (2 more years). For Spounces, the upgrading seems to be necessary, but there is no statment about this on immediate relatives page:
    http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigra...ypes_1306.html

So it seems better not to make the process upgrade. Does it seem a good choice?