free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: N-400 citizenship form

Help! I made a huge error..I lied on my N-400 form, said no to questions on Part10 Good Moral and the during interview, officer had information of a misdemeanor charge back in 1994 and 1999, so he asked me to get court records of clearance and disposition and will send letter to reschudule interview, and will discuss that when I go for that interview. I am scared, what will they do? will they deport me?I have been alien resident since 1990,pls tell me what to do.
    Devi

Help! I made a huge error..I lied on my N-400 form, said no to questions on Part10 Good Moral and the during interview, officer had information of a misdemeanor charge back in 1994 and 1999, so he asked me to get court records of clearance and disposition and will send letter to reschudule interview, and will discuss that when I go for that interview. I am scared, what will they do? will they deport me?I have been alien resident since 1990,pls tell me what to do.
    Devi

You are in BIG trouble. You materially lied in writing to a federal agent. You can be prosecuted for violations of the United States Code Title 18 section 1001, False Statements and section 1015 False statements in naturalization.

Better get a good attorney. You can be deported for this as well as criminally prosecuted.

Please help me do i just call any lawyer?
    Devi

I am not 100% sure.
    But what exactly was your "misdemeanor" tell the truth.

I know for instant a silly speeding ticket is also considered a misdemeanor, but that does not go under section good moral nor do you have to mention a silly speeding ticket.

But a misdemeanor can also be something like theft etc...which is a completele different catagory!
    What was your misdemeanor for???

I have no reason to lie now! they were for shoplifting - 1994 fined $195.00 1999 - fined $145.0 - both they were closed. this was long ago and i want to put this behind me as i am so ashamed of all this now look where i am? Pls help me.
    Devi

federale86: can you please help me, should i get an immigration lawyer or should i chance it and wait for the appt letter he said he will mail to me? Why did he not charge me at that time? will they take me to jail when i do go in for the 2nd appt? or deport me at that time? My life is changed now I am older and have a family and doing well, i am so scared to let them down this way. pls advise what to do?
    Devi

The first thing is you are lucky they didn't deny immediately and gave you a chance to get the information they seek (court records).

I hope you can obtain those records still. Be warned however that 2 or more misdemeanors for anything can make you inadmissible. Shoplifting can also be called a Crime In Moral Turpitude (CIMT) which is also a bad thing immigration-wise. You're gonna need a good lawyer for sure. Where do you live?
    "What you see in the photograph isn't what you saw at the time. The real skill of photography is organized visual lying."

Get a really good and really expensive attorney. You need it.

i do not know any lawyers - how canI tell who is a really good immigration lawyers, yellow pages? ft. laud, fl
    Devi