free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Call For Family Unity Amendment

There are occasional mentions of FU (family Unity) in proposed bills. But this needs to be escalated more assertively.

There will be a new bill when the Senate reconvenes but do make a note, if we had a strong voice on Family unity it will possibly spur more favorable amendments. Even so far proposed amendments are not good enough, There is no saying that immigration violations will be waived for family members of US spouses, children or parents but instead it says the violations may be waived and you also have to pay 2000$ fine.

So, Please calls to your senators write to them and spread this Call.

There are occasional mentions of FU (family Unity) in proposed bills. But this needs to be escalated more assertively.

There will be a new bill when the Senate reconvenes but do make a note, if we had a strong voice on Family unity it will possibly spur more favorable amendments. Even so far proposed amendments are not good enough, There is no saying that immigration violations will be waived for family members of US spouses, children or parents but instead it says the violations may be waived and you also have to pay 2000$ fine.

So, Please calls to your senators write to them and spread this Call.

I've actually written to my senators asking them to include a provision on family unity and also a provision that would protect undocumented minor children that come into the U.S. alone. Currently these children, if found, are placed in detention centers with criminals. They need to be protected, not incarcerated.

It's the parents who send their children over the border illegally and alone who need to be incarcerated...for a very long time.

As to the issue of family unity. Quite honestly, it's NOT America's responsibility to reunite the families of immigrants...whether legal or illegal.

I'm a legal immigrant to America, and all of my biological family live overseas. I made the conscious decision to immigrate to America, and also the conscious decision to move away from my family. I love my family, but it's NOT America's responsibility to reunite us. If an immigrant misses their family so much, then perhaps they should return to where their family lives.

It is even more absurd for illegal aliens to be throwing tantrums demanding family unity.

My American friend misses her family in Wisconsin. Perhaps the government should be responsible for reuniting them also.

Someone12
    If illegals want to be reunited, just leave my country and go back to yours....here is a news flash: airlines fly both to and from the US.

Someone12: You know as well as I do that those illegals and their apologists who were throwing tantrums in the streets last week while waving Mexican flags are COMPLETE AND TOTAL HYPOCRITES. They wave Mexican flags and disrespect American flags...but their worst nightmare would be that thay might have to actually live in Mexico.

We also know that they don't want to learn our language and otherwise assimilate. The honest truth is that they want to be Mexicans in America, not Mexicans in Mexico...and they are throwing tantrums for rights to which they are not entitled.

NOT ONLY ARE THE AMERICAN PEOPLE OPPOSED TO AMNESTY FOR ILLEGAL ALIEN LAWBREAKERS, THEY ARE OPPOSED TO ANY FAMILY UNITY PROVISIONS FOR THE FAMILIES OF ILLEGAL ALIEN LAWBREAKERS.

NOTE TO ILLEGALS: THE AMERICAN PEOPLE WILL NOT FORGET THE DISRESPECT OF WATCHING YOU MARCHING WITH MEXICAN FLAGS ON THE STREETS OF AMERICA.

The concept of immigration for immediate relatives should be completely revised and improved to promote family unification. INA contains some ideas that simply defy logic. The Court in Ibrahim clearly stated that being an immediate relative of a U.S. Citizen is a very strong and special equity, one that merits special action. Why is it then that children of U.S. citizens and even parents have to undergo demeaning treatment and a mysterious "exercise of discretion" to adjust status while the same status is granted as a matter of law to a Cuban citizen? Is Cuban citizenship more of an equity? I understand special considerations for refugees but never when they ignore long established principles of equity.
    Family unification, specially when it involves U.S. citizens, should be safeguarded and promoted through comprehensive immigration law and supporting procedures with tougher penalties for fraud and those who engage in related activities.

SunDevilUSA, Someone12 -

I have many examples for children who born in US and left the very country where they born, just because their parents were either deported or in fear of deportation. These children now live in a country where they do not have friends, does not know the language and have to go through the pain of their parents who very hardly able to re-establish them in a country who they have left decades ago. Now, let me give the examples of USC spouses who are placed in situations that they have to choose moving with their illegal spouses over their families, friends and career, to a strange country which is usually as estranged to their illegal spouses as to them.

There is another group of USC spouses and children who due to hardships chooses to stay here in US instead moving with their illegal spouses or parents, and thus they are forced to be separated just because of some laws which are very inhuman and senseless.

We all are human and we make mistakes, but WE are trying to preach that immigration related violations are no where close to that degree which should cost one a sacred bond which is called family.

Alibabaforty333: After witnessing the spectacle of thousands of immigrants' kids streaming out of school to wave Mexican flags and chant, "Mexico, Mexico, Mexico," it would appear to me that they're not as estranged from their or their parents' countries of origin as you would have us believe.

Indeed, I would offer the opinion that they don't seem to appreciate the opportunity of living in the best country in the world...and, apparently, would rather live in a corrupt, third-world country.

Family unification should play a bigger role in INA. There's no need to subject immigrants and their citizen relatives to a draconian statute that's based upon fear, arbitrary suspicion and degradation.
    If a citizen has the right to marry a convicted felon while in jail, there's no need to treat immigrants to a lesser standard. Immigrants when apprehended and forbidden to contact a family member or even an attorney, while their U.S. citizen kids are held in the dark until somebody places a call to CPS. This is nothing short of excessive and vile when you consider the violation committed is one that is civil in nature.
    The current system favors extortion and fear instead of real family values.
    Immigration laws by definition must protect the nation and its values while safeguarding the rights of the citizens. A statute that subjects citizens to degrading questionings and procedures, that prevents unification of a family based upon the discretion of a person who is not familiar with the inner works of such family, that promotes unfair treatment and draconian punishment of family members for civil violations that do not amount to criminal activity needs to be reformed, altered and amended to protect the integrity of the family unit in the context of a global economy.