Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Removal of condition from marriage based green card

Hello Freinds,

I need your help. I meeed to apply to remove condition from my marriage based conditional green card. I am living with my wife since we been married and we have no problem in our relationship and we have all the proof of joint residence and bank account and all that stuff. so my case kind a straight forward but I dont know anything about this application so i need your help. I want to know if this application is complex procedure or straight forward and which forms i need to send? Do you think I should hire a attorney or its waste of money.

Form I751 is the required application. With no complicating circumstances, many DIY-ers file without the assistance of an immigration attorney.

Thank you Sappyconifer,

Do I need to send any other forms with I-751.
    I will really appriciate any advise regarding this kind a application.

Don't retain, but instead consult an Immigration atty.

hello friends,

Thanks for your help so far, but I need more help. I am full time student and I can not afford attorney.
    I dont understand one thing on first page of form I751 under " Evidence of relationship" -

"Affidavits sworn to or affirmed by at least two people who have known both of you since your conditional residence was granted and have personal knowledge of your marriage and relationship. (Such persons may be required to testify before an immigration officer as to the information contained in the affidavit.) The original affidavit must be submitted and also contain the following information regarding the person making the affidavit: his or her full name and address; date and place of birth; relationship to you or your spouse, if any; and full information and complete details explaining how the person acquired his or her knowledge. Affidavits must be supported by other types of evidence listed above."

please help me what should i do about this. Thank you so much.

You can visit this site for more info (or to post your question) :

http://boards.immigrationportal.com/...splay.php?f=39

Good Luck,
    IE

this post was very helpful when i was filing mine. good luck!

http://discuss.ilw.com/eve/forums/a/.../m/60610324621

Affidavits for form I-751 are considered optional evidence and are therefore not required. The necessity of Affidavits depends on how comprehensive the other evidence you have is. One maxim to follow is if you have any concern that your evidence is insufficient, affidavits might be a good idea.

Have you adjudicated them?

Affidavits don't get adjudicated
    And no, of course I haven't adjudicated any I-751s. A more important body of evidence is that of economic union as in shared assets, liabilities, equities, policies, annuities, in addition to evidence of any children born to the marriage. Affidavits can't hurt a case, unless they do not speak the truth, and certainly could help, but when submitted with evidence of the co-mingling of finances and social lives, I'd expect they carry the least weight.