50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: Unemployed and I-864 requirements

I need to file a I-864 with NVC for which I already paid the fee of $70 on the internet. I got laid off from my job and the impression I get from friends by using the unemployment income is not a positive step. I am starting my new job begining next Monday. Is it a matter how old or stable job I have to have in order to use the income from my new job? Please advise! Thanks!

I need to file a I-864 with NVC for which I already paid the fee of $70 on the internet. I got laid off from my job and the impression I get from friends by using the unemployment income is not a positive step. I am starting my new job begining next Monday. Is it a matter how old or stable job I have to have in order to use the income from my new job? Please advise! Thanks!

What do your 2009 income tax returns show?

if you doest not meet the poverty line requirement. officer will ask you for joint sponsor.. when time comes.. don't worry for now
    Its a discussion, not a legal advise..

Thanks Mrs. Mani and mohan. My 2007, 08 and 2009 tax returns meet the requirements. I don't see any problem history related issues other than the current. As mohan mentions, does the NVC execute the i-864 here or just completes the requirements? If so do they response back here in US if it is approved or not?

What do the instructions on application say? Did you read it?
    http://www.anbsoft.com/images/usflag_med.jpg

"...I contemplate with sovereign reverence that act of the whole American people which declared that their legislature should 'make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibit

i have same problem.i'm applying green for my husband.i'm unemployed for 2 years now.i want my sister and brother in law to joint sponsor with me.does that mean i have fill out form I-864 and I864a three times????
    1.one time me
    2.my sister-her and husband are using same w2 since they married.
    3.one my bro in law(my sister husband).
    how many I864 and I864a do need to filed??? please help

Billy- The NVC does process the applications and will request additional documents if needed. Going on unemployment will not adversely affect your case. Unemployment Benefits are something you are entitled to. If you are currently unemployed, I do suggest you get a joint sponsor. If you don't get joint sponsor, and NVC requests one, it will delay your case by a few weeks.

Thanks Mrs Mani for your kind advise. I am adding I-864a from my wife which does not help to cross the poverty line. If there is no affect of unemployment benefits then you mean I should add one more joint sponsor on top of my wife?

zma210 - you must file I-864 for yourself. If your sister and her husband are living at the same address as yours then you can add I-864a from your sister. If your sister's income is enough to meet the poverty lines then you don't need to add your brother in-law. If you have to add your brother in-law then I suggest just add your sister your joint sponser and add I-864a from her husband. There is no limit to add I-864a from family members living at the same address with close relationship as far I learned.