publisher - over
50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: Need help tracking down courthouse in KS (naturalization issue)

Hello,

I'm in desperate need to find out the name of the court in Kansas City that was issuing the citizenship certificates for naturalized citizens back in 1985. This information is needed for me to complete the form N-565, Application for Replacement Naturalization/Citizenship Document.

Here's some background info:

* I'd passed the citizenship test in Wichita, Kansas back on November 19, 1984.

* I was sworn-in en masse in a courthouse in Kansas City and was issued my citizenship certificate on March 25, 1985.

* Back in 1990, when I moved down to Houston, Texas (job-related) I'd lost my citizenship certificate somewhere along the way.

* Ever since then, I'd had no need to travel abroad (and being the lazy ******* that I was) so I'd never pursuit for a replacement certificate.

* Now I have the needs to travel to India to our off-shore data center in May time frame this year so I now am pushing to get a duplicate of my citizenship certificate in order to obtain a passport.

* I'd downloaded the form N-565 from the official USCIS web site and filled it out.

* I got stuck at Part 3. Processing Information of the form, under the questionaire, "My last certificate or Declaration of Intention was issued to me by:", and the entry "USCIS Office or Name of Court"

Anyhow, I don't remember the official name of the court in Kansas City at which we were sworn in back in 1985 so I'm looking for any leads that can help me finish up my N-565 application. I also don't remember whether it was a Federal or District court either.

I've checked with my brother (we both were sworn-in on the same day at the same place), and the name of the court isn't stated anywhere on his citizenship certificates at all.

I'd contacted the National Archives in Central Plains Region and a very nice lady had helped me narrowed it down to the fact that it was not a court house in Kansas City, Missouri it must've been a court house in Kansas City, Kansas somewhere since she'd went through the archives there and my records did not show up. She'd recommended that I contact the local Kansas City office of the USCIS (816-350-5570), but upon calling them I was asked to visit the official USCIS web site, www.uscis.gov.
    The official web site of USCIS office wasn't much of help either since the National Archives in Central Plains Region was the only lead I could find there, and all the phone calls resulted in circular references and wild chases, so now I'm back to square one all over again. :-(

Any assistance or info or pointing me in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,
    ---
    Phong Duong

Hello,

I'm in desperate need to find out the name of the court in Kansas City that was issuing the citizenship certificates for naturalized citizens back in 1985. This information is needed for me to complete the form N-565, Application for Replacement Naturalization/Citizenship Document.

Here's some background info:

* I'd passed the citizenship test in Wichita, Kansas back on November 19, 1984.

* I was sworn-in en masse in a courthouse in Kansas City and was issued my citizenship certificate on March 25, 1985.

* Back in 1990, when I moved down to Houston, Texas (job-related) I'd lost my citizenship certificate somewhere along the way.

* Ever since then, I'd had no need to travel abroad (and being the lazy ******* that I was) so I'd never pursuit for a replacement certificate.

* Now I have the needs to travel to India to our off-shore data center in May time frame this year so I now am pushing to get a duplicate of my citizenship certificate in order to obtain a passport.

* I'd downloaded the form N-565 from the official USCIS web site and filled it out.

* I got stuck at Part 3. Processing Information of the form, under the questionaire, "My last certificate or Declaration of Intention was issued to me by:", and the entry "USCIS Office or Name of Court"

Anyhow, I don't remember the official name of the court in Kansas City at which we were sworn in back in 1985 so I'm looking for any leads that can help me finish up my N-565 application. I also don't remember whether it was a Federal or District court either.

I've checked with my brother (we both were sworn-in on the same day at the same place), and the name of the court isn't stated anywhere on his citizenship certificates at all.

I'd contacted the National Archives in Central Plains Region and a very nice lady had helped me narrowed it down to the fact that it was not a court house in Kansas City, Missouri it must've been a court house in Kansas City, Kansas somewhere since she'd went through the archives there and my records did not show up. She'd recommended that I contact the local Kansas City office of the USCIS (816-350-5570), but upon calling them I was asked to visit the official USCIS web site, www.uscis.gov.
    The official web site of USCIS office wasn't much of help either since the National Archives in Central Plains Region was the only lead I could find there, and all the phone calls resulted in circular references and wild chases, so now I'm back to square one all over again. :-(

Any assistance or info or pointing me in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,
    ---
    Phong Duong

Did you consider scheduling an appointment in your local CIS office? I doubt you will get much help over the phone.

Hello Polish girl,

Thanks for replying. Yes, I've spoken with a representative at the local Department of Homeland Security (INS are now under their jurisdiction) and I was told that with the courthouse information, my case will have a good chance of being resolved faster, and without it I should be expecting delays anywhere from 3-5 months up to a year! Well, I should be expecting delays regardless since there are a lot of cases pending out there, and that's understandable, but since the trip that I needed to take is going to be in May this year, I was hoping to minimize any chances of delay and do everything I possibly could on my ends to expedite my scenario.

Regards,