50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: I-485 rejected in error.

I sent in my I-485 to INS in July. It was postmarked July 19th and delivered July 24 by certified mail. But a couple of days ago, I recieved a rejection notice stating that my application is rejected because I did not pay the correct fee. I was told that the fee is $1010 if filed after July 30. The INS stamp on the application is dated August 17. But the thing is, my application was postmarked and delivered before July 30, I have the proof of delivery stating that it was recieved at the INS in on July 24th. At the time I sent the application, the fee was $395 and now it's $1010. I know that my application was rejected in error. What are my options, what should I do? I did send it before the fee change so I'm not sure what is going on. Can anyone please help?

I sent in my I-485 to INS in July. It was postmarked July 19th and delivered July 24 by certified mail. But a couple of days ago, I recieved a rejection notice stating that my application is rejected because I did not pay the correct fee. I was told that the fee is $1010 if filed after July 30. The INS stamp on the application is dated August 17. But the thing is, my application was postmarked and delivered before July 30, I have the proof of delivery stating that it was recieved at the INS in on July 24th. At the time I sent the application, the fee was $395 and now it's $1010. I know that my application was rejected in error. What are my options, what should I do? I did send it before the fee change so I'm not sure what is going on. Can anyone please help?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by daisy28:
    I sent in my I-485 to INS in July. It was postmarked July 19th and delivered July 24 by certified mail. But a couple of days ago, I recieved a rejection notice stating that my application is rejected because I did not pay the correct fee. I was told that the fee is $1010 if filed after July 30. The INS stamp on the application is dated August 17. But the thing is, my application was postmarked and delivered before July 30, I have the proof of delivery stating that it was recieved at the INS in on July 24th. At the time I sent the application, the fee was $395 and now it's $1010. I know that my application was rejected in error. What are my options, what should I do? I did send it before the fee change so I'm not sure what is going on. Can anyone please help? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Make an infopass appointment. Since the dependence of rejection or approval for the form should be based on the received date, and that date is prior to July 30th, you should make an appointment and resubmit the form.

You will need to bring the following:
    1. The rejection letter
    2. Your I-485 paperwork
    3. Fee payment
    4. Copy of certified notice from USPS or other mail service provider.

NOTE: If you do not have the certified notice, then you must submit the correct fee $1010.
    "Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." John Adams on Defense of the boston Massacre

Or, you can also try to fix it this way.