free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: LIFE Legalization

LIFE Legalization
    After talking to too many lawyer and immigration agency, I found out that if the LIFE applicant was living illegally in the U.S then left the country and came back with valid visa, the applicant will not be eligible to adjust his case through Life Legalization, even though he was CSS/LULAC class member. Please share your experience or expertise in this matter !!!

LIFE Legalization
    After talking to too many lawyer and immigration agency, I found out that if the LIFE applicant was living illegally in the U.S then left the country and came back with valid visa, the applicant will not be eligible to adjust his case through Life Legalization, even though he was CSS/LULAC class member. Please share your experience or expertise in this matter !!!

Hi,

I am what you have described. Lulac card holder since 1990. Had Life interview in Dallas Nov 4, 03. During the interview process, officer told me he needs additional information. I think I have very low chance. Also, the office told me it will be about 6 months before I receive any letters for approve or deny. Good luck.

Did you have an attorney at the interview. Also what documents did you present and what additional did they ask for. I am expecting my interview soon. Would appreciate any feed back from you.
    Thanks

Hi Tonku: what kind of additional information the officer ask for? Did you fill out the questioners form with the INS in Vermont or Washington office? Do you know anybody got approved through Life Legalization?

To javaid: Yes i had lawyer with me, in the interview the officer ask for more evidence like school recored, medical recored..etc.
    may be other people can help and give you more advise. Good luck.

Hi,

1. No lawyer were present in my interview.
    2. I have submitted College record from may 1986 and after -- my strongest evidence.
    3. Life interviewer told me he needs sold info. from 1982 and on. I did advise him that life donot really require anything since 1982.
    4. The interviewer asked for income statement from IRS since 19982 -- which i donot have one. I have always worked for cash.

Hope this helps. Good luck.

Hi,

1. I have vermont approval.
    2. TSC still pending, After many letters to senators and congress -- they moved my file to National service center, which when i called, they say no info. TSC is playing games since January 2001.
    3. I have work approval from tsc with code "C22".

Hope this helps. Good luck.

Yes you do need to show illegal presence since 1/1/1982. Physical presence from 1986-1988

These officer does not have clear idea about LIFE Act. In my interview in last July 21st 2002, INS officer was asking me questions that was not related to LIFE Act at all. He said I am not a Lulac class member but CSS Class member. He asked me why I claimed that I am a Lulac class member. He did not even look at my Life Act application; he was looking at my Lulac application which I filled sometime around 1990.
    Accroding to Life Act, an applicant does not have to prove that he/she is a Lulac/CSS class member but as long he/she applied one of these law suit before 2000(?). Even though his/her class membership was denied by INS for whatever reason, he/she still will be able to adjust his/her status through Life Act as long he/she can prove their illigal status here since or before 1981.
    Unfortunately, INS officer either does not have any clue what so ever about Life Act or they just too lazy to deal with it. I think may be too much paper work to aprove a Life candidate.
    I did not yet receive any letter after my interview form the INS.

>Yes you do need to show illegal presence since >1/1/1982. Physical presence from 1986-1988

I love the irony of "undocumented" immigrants expected to have "documentation".

That is too funny.

-= nav =-